1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Soapbar / MM pup on my Geddy Jazz?

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by ::::BASSIST::::, Dec 31, 2006.

1. ::::BASSIST::::

::::BASSIST:::: Progress Not Perfection.

Sep 2, 2004
    Vancouver, BC Canada
    I'm thinking of doing something drastic and putting a soapbar style pup in my Geddy's neck position.

What I'm looking for is a recommendation for a good quality, but not too expensive, soapbar style pup that is passive and has lots of low-end.

2. king_biscuit

king_biscuit Supporting Member

May 21, 2006
    US
    I don't know if you are using the stock pickups, but before destroying your GL you might consider something like the dimarzio model Js -- massive low end for J pickups.

3. ::::BASSIST::::

Sep 2, 2004
    Vancouver, BC Canada
    I already have the Model Js. If I route under the PG nobody's going to know. I have no intention of selling this bass.

Darkstars is an option, but they're a little too pricey for me.

4. guidedbassman

guidedbassman

Nov 21, 2006
    malone ny
    How about a dimarzio model one that they use as the neck pup in the yammaha attitude.

5. scottbass

scottbass Bass lines like a big, funky giant

Jul 13, 2004
    Southern MN
    I vote MM - but that's just me. I have nothing but Seymour Duncans MM's on my basses - ceramic on neck-thru and alnico's on my real and fake (OLP) Stingrays.

But if I had a Geddy I would probably keep the J format and go with (what else?) Seymour Duncan J's.

6. ::::BASSIST::::

Sep 2, 2004
    Vancouver, BC Canada
    Yeah, I'm thinking of leaving the geddy as it is and getting a new P. Great suggestion on the DM model one DP120. Definitely going to keep that in mind.