1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Soapbar replacement on SX

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by Joeymarshmallow, Dec 6, 2006.

1. Hey, I want to try out a 5 string and I was thinking about this SX. I would want to switch out the pickups and love the sound of bartolinis, would I need to buy two separate soapbars and wire them together or should they come as a set? If so where can I find them?

2. You usually get pickups individually or as a set (usually slightly cheaper in a set), and you'd need to wire them to the volume pots in the bass.

If you get the bass why not see what it sounds like first before assuming you need new pickups? just an idea.

3. Thanks, I've played the bass before and after listening and doing research I've decided It'd suit me better with different pickups.