Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

soapbar to mm conversion?

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by got2getbetter, Sep 11, 2002.

1. I just got a modulus Q4 sweetspot w/ emg. I'm definitely not a fan of emg's and I'm going to change the pickup anyway, but I really would like to put a mm style pup in. I think the width is the same(3.5in.), but the height(in a 2d sense) of the pup would require some routing. I was wondering if anybody has done this to any other bass and if this is even a good idea. Also, around how much would I probably have to spend to have this done, just the routing I guess. Help please

2. ThunderStik

ThunderStik Guest

Jun 25, 2001
    Claremore OK.
    Im an emg fan but I dont care for them either in a Modulus. I would bet it would cost about $150 -$200 clams. E-mail me if you need a qualified tech to do it. My good freind is a luthier and can do it. Just remember part of MMtype sound is the pup placement so it will be different but I bet it would sound good.

3. Anybody have any idea how the placement would affect the sound? It looks like the same place the flea bass has it's pickup.