1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Soapbar wiring

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by UncleBalsamic, Jul 20, 2007.

1. UncleBalsamic

UncleBalsamic

Jul 8, 2007
    UK
    How would I go about wiring passive Seymour Duncan soapbars to this circuit:

aguilar2.

According to the seymour duncan website they have a black wire, a white wire and a bare wire. I know little to nothing about wiring so I can't really deduce anything from the diagrams on the site so I can't tell what each each wire is etc.

I suppose I want them wired parallel, but can someone maybe explain how I would wire a parallel/series switch in this instance.

Thanks.

2. TrooperFarva

TrooperFarva

Nov 25, 2004
    New City, NY
    The wiring is more than likely

White (+)
    Black (-)
    Bare (Shield)

The bare wires should be tied to ground. Take a look at the attached diagram for series/parallel operation. Sorry I didn't color code the wiring in the diagram, but there's only really 4 wires, so you can get what's going on.

Note that when the pickups are in series, they operate only on the first volume pot, the second pot won't do anything. On the switch in the diagram, up is Series, down is Parallel.

Attached Files:

3. UncleBalsamic

UncleBalsamic

Jul 8, 2007
    UK
    So, is this right:

acseriesparallelpassive.

4. TrooperFarva

TrooperFarva

Nov 25, 2004
    New City, NY
    Yeah, that should do it. But I wouldn't call me an expert, so hopefully others will chime in.

5. UncleBalsamic

UncleBalsamic

Jul 8, 2007
    UK
    Cheers