Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Sob-story + NY Gigspam

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Joe Nerve, Sep 28, 2004.

1. Joe Nerve

Joe Nerve Supporting Member

Oct 7, 2000
    New York City
    Endorsing artist: Musicman basses, Hipshot products
    I'm putting it all out there for the show we have coming up this weekend. We're doing a fundraiser for ourselves. We've completed our CD and due to many unexpected (financial) happenings, simply don't have the money to have it manufactured. Our release party is scheduled for Nov. 10th at CBGB. :eek: Thankfully, a great place in Coney Island Bklyn, Peggy Oneill's has been kind enough to donate their club to our cause from 6 to 11pm on this Friday, October 1st. They're allowing us to keep all the money we take in at the door. Our goal is to raise at least $1,500. If you can help we'd appreciate it bigtime.

There will be 4 bands, including The Nerve! at 8:30pm. We're giving away free promo CDs for the upcoming album, some t-shirts and possibly other stuff.

We do the booking for shows there all the time also - so you might even benefit by checking the scene out to see if you think your band would like to play.

Sales pitch over. Here's the info.

Friday, October 1st
    7PM to 11PM
    @
    Peggy O'Neill's1904 Surf Ave. in Coney Isl. Bklyn.
    (www.peggyoneills.com for directions)
    $8.00 admission
    All Ages

Thanks.

Any free bumps greatly appreciated. :)

2. jondog

jondog

Mar 14, 2002
    NYC metro area
    Here's your bump Joe. I'll try to make it. :bassist:

3. a little on topic, but mostly off, will you be releasing the new cd to the talkbass crowd ahead of time? because i want one!
    Charlie

4. Joe Nerve

Oct 7, 2000
    New York City
    thanks guys. charlie, you can pre-order it if you like for $15.00. just send your name and address to me at nervemail@aol.com - and pay to that address at paypal. actually, i don't even think you have to send me your name and address, all that info will come up once you pay. dropping me a note would be cool though cuz then i'd immediately put you on the list of pre-orders. if you do so you will get one sent to you the day we get them. approximately 3 weeks.

the above goes for anyone else interested also, of course.

of you enjoy abducted, or anything else I've ever posted from the nerve i absolutely guarantee that you will be very happy with this cd. 16 songs, and we put everything we've got into each and every one of them.

5. Joe Nerve

Oct 7, 2000
    New York City
    so how bout that debate tonight. is the smarter guy gonna win?