SoCal Water Parks - Raging Waters or Hurricane Harbor?

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by mycranium, May 26, 2004.

1. Hurricane Harbor

0 vote(s)
  2. Raging Waters

5 vote(s)
  3. Come to my place, I have a slip 'n' slide

1 vote(s)
  4. Come to my place, I have carrots

0 vote(s)
  1. Some friends and I want to go to a water park in a couple weeks. There are two I know of about the same distance from where I live, Raging Waters in San Dimas and Hurricane Harbor at Six Flags Magic Mountain. Anyone been to both? Which is better? Most interested in the number of rides and the aggressiveness of the thrills. Price is not really a factor.

2. Mike Money

Mike Money Banned

Mar 18, 2003
    Bakersfield California
    Avatar Speakers Endorsing Hooligan
    Both are the just about the same.

I'd go to Hurricane Harbor just because it seemed cleaner than raging waters.
  3. im seriosuly not allowed in 6 flags fiesta texas for a year, but dont go there. its realy boring.
  4. Max

Max Supporting Member

Feb 14, 2000
    Bakersfield, CA
    There was an article in today's LA Times about new rides at the various SOCAL parks and Hurricane Harbor has a new one called the Tornado. The picture of it shows 3 or 4 people on a round raft going down a very large tube. Looks like fun to me.
  5. girlybassplaya

girlybassplaya Guest

Mar 24, 2004

this sounds like a great story. . . care to elaborate?
  6. its a really long story, but ok.

So I'm at fiesta texas on a field trip on some saturday, i didnt want to go caus i had to pay like, 45 bucks, but i did caus my friends were going.

so 2 really hot guys and me walk into some no name emo kid store, caus the rides are all crappy, just to look around and i see some stuff i might like. i have about 50 bucks with me, so i start picking up some stuff, nothing sinister intended, and i was planning on asking how much it all cost.

anyway, i didnt want to hold all of the stuff, so i put it on and in this purse that i was about to buy. then the guys are all like "hey lets all go to the water park!" and of course im like "sure!" because their hot and they wont be wearing shirts.

so i put the stuff back and i walk off. then, i realize someone is following us. we walk about 10 steps out of the emo-kid store when the person stops us. me, thinking shes just going to ask for the time, walks on when she runs up to me. she stops in front of me, and pulls out this badge and says "give me your bag miss." i turn around and see that the guys are long gone by now and she repeats again "give me your bag miss." thats when it hit me. i had taken that damn bag and all the crap that was in it out of that store, and i seriosuly didnt mean to. i gave her the bag and i said "i sorry, i didnt realize i was holding it when i left" and shes like "i severly doubt that" and then she muttered some stuff into one of those walkie talkie things. "come with me" she says...

so i had to walk 1/4 of a mile to the rent-a-cop station at fiesta texas with my hands diagonal to my sides, like when they check you at the airport. on the way there, i start crying and hiccuping and i cant stop.

so i wait in this little cubical type thing and the lady-cop thing looks throught the bag holding up stuff saying "bought or stolen" and i would reply the first cpouple times with "i didnt mean to" but then i ust said "stolen" so she would hurry up, i needed to getto the water park.

she rings up the price and it turns out that its like $150 bucks worth of stuff, caus you know how theme park stuff is. im like "but i didnt mean to take it" and she starts yelling at me about how she knows alot more than i do caus shes been in the buisness for whatever years and she can tell if im lying, and i hate it when people yell so i start crying even more then this fat, sorta dr. phil looking guy comes up and hes like "DO NOT fake cry YOU ARE ACTING LIKE SOME MIDDLE SCHOOL DRAMA STUDENT" so i try and stop crying and after 10 minutes its only a sniffle sorta thing

so the lady cop asks me where i live, my name, age, parents names, and who im with. I answer them all and she asks them again to make sure that I'm not lying. so she calls up my teacher and she gets over here in about 10 minutes. and supposidly, they told her that lady-cop had seen me stuff crap into the bag and then sprint out of the store.

so teacher calls my parents and it takes them 3 hours to drive to fiesta texas, caus i live in austin adn its in san antonio and my dad SCREAMS at me all the way home and saying that im turning into my sister and stuff, and if that went onto my criminal record that i could never become a docter, so the first thing i say for 2 hours is "I'm not going to be a ******* docter, I'm a musician" so he gets really POed at that and he calls me a failure and how could he raise such a lil ****. then, theirs silence.

when we arrive home my moms crying. the lady-cop called and "told her everything". i try explaining but they just yell and cry and stuff so i go up to my room.

about a week later a letter arrives saying im not allowed in ANY fiesta texas around the globe (their are fiesta texas's out of texas? no.) for one (1) year and i have to pay a fine of One Hundred Fifty Dollars And Zero Cents ($150.00).

so im grounded and the search my room for other stuff that i might have stolen and they find crap that i had bourght years ago and they confiscate it until i can prove that i bought it.

now they've calmed down and they will talk to me and its like it never happened only i still gotta pay back the money and the gas money, and i ruined out plans for summer.

oh, and since it was a school trip i got a saturday detention for 6 hours. i got to sit by a cute punk guy.

see, that wasnt to long was it?
  7. hateater

hateater snatch canadian cream

May 4, 2001
    Eugene, OR
    I work at Raging Waters. Bow down.
  8. Dan Molina

Dan Molina TalkBass Secular Progressive

Jul 17, 2002
    Murr Town, California
    don't you hate when people tell you what you did do? rent-a-cops are funny "stop or i'll call the real police!"