Social but alone

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by GiantsGiants, Jan 19, 2017.

Tags:
  1. GiantsGiants

GiantsGiants

May 8, 2016
    England
    I have lots of close friends that I adore so much, but I still feel cold inside, I enjoy my time when im with them but when im alone i get so many bad thoughts.

Socially when I was younger I had some bad experiences with bullying and girls messing me around.

Even with my great friends is this my past clinging to me making me feel alone? what can I do?

2. pacojas

pacojas "FYYA BUN"

Oct 11, 2009
    MEXICANADAMERICA
    leave England, imo!

murphy likes this.
  3. GiantsGiants

GiantsGiants

May 8, 2016
    England
    haha why?

4. pacojas

pacojas "FYYA BUN"

Oct 11, 2009
    MEXICANADAMERICA
    just trying to get a chuckle from ya, ha! :laugh:

knumbskull likes this.
  5. DiabolusInMusic

DiabolusInMusic Functionless Art is Merely Tolerated Vandalism

GregC, Alixinchains and knumbskull like this.
  6. RustyAxe

RustyAxe

Jul 8, 2008
    Connecticut
    Why? Climate! Key West is what you need. Many, many people have escaped their pasts and reinvented themselves under the Florida sun.

Beautiful-Key-West-FLorida-Photos-4.jpg

On a serious note, have you ever sought professional counseling? With a little work we can learn what things in our past are causing us problems in the present, and learn how to cope and overcome them.

hrodbert696 and pacojas like this.
  7. buldog5151bass

buldog5151bass Kibble, milkbones, and P Basses. And redheads.

Oct 22, 2003
    Connecticut
    No matter where you go, there are going to be a few @#$-holes, but most people are good. I am guessing you are young. Take you time, trust your instincts, don't try to be someone you are not, or worry about impressing others, and you will find the right people.

pacojas likes this.
  8. two fingers

two fingers Opinionated blowhard. But not mad about it. Inactive

Feb 7, 2005
    Eastern NC USA
    Our own @Joe Nerve wrote a book you may want to check out.
    20170119_185109.jpg

fhm555, PWRL, hrodbert696 and 4 others like this.
  9. murphy

murphy Supporting Member

May 5, 2004
    Canada
    I think a counsellor therapist is a good step

and join some meetup groups if you can

Be patient...and kind....good people will come into your life

10. Funky Ghost

Funky Ghost Translucently Groovy

Physical location will not change the location of the problem(s) what ever they might be, as they reside in your head. (although the chuckle worked on me pacojas :D )

While it is certainly possible to work things out on your own ( I've managed a long while ) I must say that had I been more open and mature in my own self assessment, I would have sought counseling.

While the vague "bad thoughts" leaves much to the imagination I am pretty certain I understand what you are implying. Do yourself and your good friends a favor and find an avenue, other than a bass forum, to express your feelings. Having an actual human to speak with does immeasurable good to combating the feelings you are having.

Know that you have folks, who don't know you other than what you have expressed here, who are genuinely hoping for the best. Be kind to yourself my friend, and participate in your path to better days. They wont come without seeking them out.

GregC likes this.
  11. D M C

D M C Oh good god, this again?

Feb 19, 2015
    North America, Earth
  12. Killed_by_Death

Killed_by_Death Snaggletooth Inactive

I'm not sure how you do it, but I did it.
    Once upon a time I couldn't stay at home alone. I looked for any reason to go out & be social, but that meant drinking alcohol, because everyone I knew drank after work.

These days I'm more than comfortable being at home alone, so much so that I'm a recluse.
    Before I had responsibilities, I wouldn't go out of the house for weeks at a time, except to get food.