1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Socks with sandals.

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by syciprider, Jun 5, 2007.

1. syciprider

syciprider Inactive

May 27, 2005
    Inland Empire
    Worthy of man card revocation.

2. EricF

EricF Habitual User

Sep 26, 2005
    Pasadena, CA
    Out in public? Yes.

3. Vince S.

Vince S. Resident Former Bassist

Jan 24, 2003
    I used to do socks with flip flops. But then the fuzz from the socks would get in the little crevices, and when the flip flops got wet (shower), the lint stuck in in there would get soggy. Eventually it built up and started to REEK.

4. IAmTheDood

IAmTheDood Shake and Bake

Dec 15, 2006
    Waterford, MI
    unless the socks are ankle socks and you went golfing before hand.

5. I see that all the time around here. Mostly on those damn yankee tourists :rollno:

6. Boo!!! :( either wear sandals or don't, socks are stupid, unless your skirt is blown so far up into your face you can't see your feet, in which case, an honest mistake.

7. I just plain don't like sandals at all, so I would kind of prefer people to at least wear socks and not have their bare feet exposed :meh:

8. Tenma4

Tenma4

Jan 26, 2006
    St. Louis, MO
    I'm all for socks with sandals. I wear them almost every day. I like the cushy feel of socks, they keep most of the dirt off my feet, and they provide a layer that insulates my feet from the sandals so that my feet don't sweat and then stink. I get the benefits of my feet feeling free with sandals, not having to be bothered with shoe laces, avoiding stinky feet, my feet don't get sunburned. For normal everyday wear, I don't think it can be beaten.

:)

9. syciprider

syciprider Inactive

May 27, 2005
    Inland Empire
    As long as you make sure your sandals match your purse then you're ok.

10. excane

excane Inactive

Aug 23, 2005
    New York, NY
    Abso-freakin-lutely.

11. Someone revoke his card immediatly!! :help: CUSHY feeling??? Woried about stinky feet??? SUNBURNT FEET?????? :eyebrow: Dammit man!!!

12. Bryan316

Bryan316 Inactive

Dec 20, 2006
    Detroit
    Socks inside sandals are punishable by ten lashes.

MAN LAW.

13. yes, but how do you walk with your skirt blowing up in your face all day?

14. morf

morf Inactive

Feb 17, 2006
    socks + sandals = no

15. DigMe

DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    socks + sandals = stoning

bc

16. doctorjazz

doctorjazz

Oct 22, 2006
    Wilmington, NC
    I cannot stand socks with sandals. Around here, the dress code is Rainbows. Every day. Even in winter. Exceptions can be made for going to church or important social functions, but even then Rainbows are still okay. I have even worn them with a tux after a gig.

And the important thing: I have never worn them with socks.

17. txbasschik

txbasschik

Nov 11, 2005
    Leander, Texas
    Curious...why not just wear shoes then? Why wear sandals at all? Socks with sandals smell worse than sandals without socks.

If you don't dig shoelaces, wear deck shoes. But then again, that's something else that shouldn't be worn with socks, so I guess that doesn't really work, eh?

Cherie

18. txbasschik

txbasschik

Nov 11, 2005
    Leander, Texas
    +1,000,000!!!

Just looks awful.

Cherie

19. So lame.

Lame enough that someone who rarely posts anymore has taken the time to comment.:scowl:

20. BadMonk

BadMonk Enjoy The Ride

Feb 25, 2006
    Whitehall, PA
    socks and sandals are strictly forbidden, unless you're over eighty living in south florida with white pants and belt to match the white socks. sidebar: pants must be hiked up midway between your belly button and your chest.

21. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jan 18, 2021