1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Soft Distortion / Maxon OSD-9

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by grovest, Sep 9, 2008.

1. grovest

grovest

Feb 26, 2002
  2. dubsymmetry

dubsymmetry

Mar 13, 2008
    haven´t tried the maxon, but if the frequency response is good for the low tones, it should be a killer pedal - as all maxon puts out.

the fulltone ocd might be up your alley also.

3. grovest

grovest

Feb 26, 2002
    Thanks Dub. I've googled left and right but found nothing for "osd-9 bass". If it wasn't obvious, I'm after something super mellow. I found one clip of the fulltone OCD that was along those lines. I'll keep looking and if I do have a chance to try the Maxon, I'll bump this thread.

4. grovest

grovest

Feb 26, 2002
    I found other samples of the OSD-9 on Maxon's .co.jp website, none of which I liked as much as one or two from maxonfx.com (linked by godlyke.com), so I began to think that what I really liked about those particular samples could have had a lot to do with the guitar / pup / preamp setup. Plus, I found almost no actual player reviews of this pedal. No biggie, though. I bought a Barber LTD SR and like it OK. I'll need to spend some more time with it, but as a first impression, I was hoping that the light drive would sound a little 'sharper'. I'm experimenting with EQ before the LTD SR, and EQ does make a huge difference.

5. lotsolowend

lotsolowend

Aug 23, 2006
    Nederland, Tx
  6. ni714

ni714 Guest

Apr 19, 2008
    i know its already been mentioned, but you might wanna give the fulltone ocd a listen. i used it for what sounds pretty much like what your after and i like it. not that i think its better than the maxon cause i've never had played through one. if you do find one you prefer, let us know