1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

soft necks

Discussion in 'Hardware, Setup & Repair [BG]' started by blackwing, Dec 23, 2001.

1. Im having trouble with my neck coz i think it would not adjust properly due to its instability.It just keeps on moving and moving:(

Does any one of you have these kinds of problems as well and what can be remedied in this situation?
    also what kind of strings do i put in it? i live in a pretty stable weather country where there is only summer and rainy seasons. i use a six string vantage BTW.

Thanks for the help in advance!!!!:cool: :cool: :cool:

2. By "Moving and moving" just what do you mean? Does it not stay in tune or does the string height change or what? We need a little bit more info here.

3. Well what i meant is that the string height keeps on changing and even if i adjust the truss rod now it will be messed up after 3 days. the strings keep in tune but all i care is about the action and the fret buzz. :(

So far what im doin is i loosen the strings after i use it and its giving me good results but will that affect the life of the string?

Thanks Hambone for clearing it up:cool: