Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

soft necks

Discussion in 'Hardware, Setup & Repair [BG]' started by blackwing, Dec 23, 2001.

1. Im having trouble with my neck coz i think it would not adjust properly due to its instability.It just keeps on moving and moving:(

Does any one of you have these kinds of problems as well and what can be remedied in this situation?
    also what kind of strings do i put in it? i live in a pretty stable weather country where there is only summer and rainy seasons. i use a six string vantage BTW.

Thanks for the help in advance!!!!:cool: :cool: :cool:

2. By "Moving and moving" just what do you mean? Does it not stay in tune or does the string height change or what? We need a little bit more info here.

3. Well what i meant is that the string height keeps on changing and even if i adjust the truss rod now it will be messed up after 3 days. the strings keep in tune but all i care is about the action and the fret buzz. :(

So far what im doin is i loosen the strings after i use it and its giving me good results but will that affect the life of the string?

Thanks Hambone for clearing it up:cool: