Software for Chord Charts?

Discussion in 'General Instruction [BG]' started by Bassist4Life, Dec 22, 2005.

1. Bassist4Life

Dec 17, 2004
    Buffalo, NY
    I'm looking for a piece of simple and free software that I can use to enter my chord charts. I want to practice my walking basslines and I want to do that with the chords playing in the background. It doesn't have to be anything fancy. I have a bunch of jazz standards that I'm trying to learn and it would be nice to practice with the progression playing.

I have Windows ME and Mac OSX.

Any suggestions/links?

2. Turock

Turock Supporting Member

Apr 30, 2000
    Have you looked on Hitsquad?
  3. BassChuck

Nov 15, 2005

Great suggestion. You really should consider Band-In-A-Box also. I'm not sure what it's going for now, but worth the consideration.
  4. Pacman

Pacman Layin' Down Time Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Apr 1, 2000
    Omaha, Nebraska
    Endorsing Artist: Roscoe Guitars, DR Strings, Aguilar Amplification
    Big vote for Band in a Box - the ultimate practice tool.
  5. Turock

Turock Supporting Member

Apr 30, 2000
    Yeah, check out Band in a Box.
  6. Bruce Lindfield

Bruce Lindfield Unprofessional TalkBass Contributor Gold Supporting Member

A lot of Jazz players I know and play with, use this and produce charts of their own compositions using it. :)
  7. Phil Smith

Phil Smith Mr Sumisu 2 U

May 30, 2000
    Peoples Republic of Brooklyn
    Creator of: iGigBook for Android/iOS
    You did say Free, didn't you?

It's got over 600 charts that you transpose to any key with a playback applet that you can loop until your hearts content.
  8. Bassist4Life

Dec 17, 2004
    Buffalo, NY
    ;) Yes, I did say Free. I have a notation program where I can input all the chords and create my own voicings; however, I was looking for something faster. Thank you for the link. I really appreciate it.

Ps. Band in a Box IS an awesome program. I had the trial version and loved it! At this time; I can't purchase that program, but I will consider it in the future. Thanks for the suggestion.