1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Software for learning songs

Discussion in 'General Instruction [BG]' started by mldavis, Oct 8, 2013.

1. mldavis

mldavis

Jul 22, 2013
    South Wales, UK
    Hi guys,

Is there any software out there, preferably free, that can be used to cut the rest of a band out so all that can be heard is the bass. I suppose like a virtual mixing desk?

I've just joined a band and learning a stack of songs and was wondering if there is anything out there that I could use to do this.

Thanks in advance.

2. jgroh

jgroh Supporting Member

Sep 14, 2007
    Pennsylvania
    Im not sure what you are expecting, but there is nothing that lets you just pull out just the bass line. There are things out there that let you adjust eq and things like that so you can hear it better, but not just pull out the bass by itself like the isolated tracks you hear on youtube which either came directly the songs stems or rock band games.

3. Turtle71

Turtle71 Supporting Member

Aug 11, 2009
    Madison, WI
    It isn't exactly what you're looking for, but I use a Tascam GB-10.

It allows you to load all your songs onto it's internal SD card. Then you can play along with them (using headphones). It also allows you to slow down difficult passages (without changing pitch) so you can learn them easier..It's doesn't remove the other tracks, but I've not had any problems learning new songs with this unit.

Comes with built in tuner, metronome etc..

Only cost $150 new, but I'm sure there are better deals on the used market, it's probably one of the few purchases I've made that seemed worth it, and I use it all the time.

My 2 cents...YMMV.

4. Stefano1971

Stefano1971

May 22, 2008
    Verona Italia
    I don't know if it can help you but I use the songsterr app for android : there are thousands of song and costs less than 2 euros.