Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

software for notes?

Discussion in 'Tablature and Notation [BG]' started by MarztekMilita, Dec 29, 2005.

1. MarztekMilita

MarztekMilita

Feb 10, 2005
    Pinole
    Hi everyone, I was watching the movie Drumline, and when it got to the part when nick cannon and the other main drummer were facing off in the band room. They had mics on thier drums and when they were playing it was transfering the notes to music sheets. I know how to right and read and all of that, but not all that well. But the main question that Im trying to ask is, dose that software actually exist, because if it did, that would be a big time saver.
    thank you and, PEACE! :bassist:

2. schmittuml

schmittuml Supporting Member

Oct 25, 2004
    Lowell, MA
    BUMPPPPP

if theres not someone make it happen

3. Well, guess it would be possible. Tuners can tell what note you are playing, so a computer should be abel to do the same. But i think it would cost a lot!

4. Yep, Finale can do it, but only for single notes (chords gum it up). You plug into your soundcard and set Finale to transcribe the audio into midi / notation. It works ok, but I prefer to notate by hand (helps my reading).

5. MarztekMilita

MarztekMilita

Feb 10, 2005
    Pinole
    Thanx for that helpful bit of info. The main reason is with some of my lines, I dont know whether or not to make flat or sharp. But do you know how much that would cost?
    again, Thanx!
    PEACE!!!

6. Peter Ferretti

Peter Ferretti Supporting Member

Jun 7, 2005
    NYC
    Finale is $500. However, I thought that the instrument had to be MIDI? Is this a new tech addition to finale?

7. bass_extremes

bass_extremes

Jul 9, 2005
    there is a program called sibeleus(sp?) and its records the note you play on a piano and writes them into notation.

8. Steve Harris Is

Steve Harris Is

Jul 4, 2005
    Digital Music Mentor...I tried it, works AWESOME if you just want it to TAB out bass parts for ya.

9. theshadow2001

theshadow2001

Jun 17, 2004
    Ireland
    Although you could spend $500 dollars on lessons to improve your reading and writing skills (and possibly a few other things) which would probably be a better investment