1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to post, make friends, earn reward points at our store, remove most ads and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Software opinions

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Growler, Oct 5, 2004.

1. Growler

Growler

Sep 26, 2004
    What do you guys think of the various software programs out there... Garageband (apple) or Sony's ACID? I was thinking of using one as a accompaniment to my playing. I've got access to both mac and PC.

Anybody use them? Opinions?

2. Don W

Don W

Jan 30, 2004
    East Bay, CA.
    I used Cakewalk programs for a while. But since I bought a Mac I've been very happy with Garage Band. If you have a Mac you really can't go wrong seeing as it only costs $50.

3. DougP

DougP

Sep 4, 2001
    i am waiting on a copy of garageband to come in right now. but i use acid, cakewalk GT Pro 3, and sound forge at home, and i really like those. though i am considering moving to adobe audition instead of cakewalks guitar tracks. i see that Apple also has a $1000 music studio piece of software out but the budget isnt that high...sigh...

i have tried several other demos like tracktion and sonar, but it seems that the method i use know works the best for me.

4. Kelly Lee

Kelly Lee Yeah, I'm a guy! Supporting Member

Feb 17, 2004
    Marana, AZ, USA
    I like to use ACID 3.0 for my scratch pad. I have 4.0 but haven't installed it yet. When I'm serious about recording, I use only Nuendo v1.53. It has a steap learning curve but it can do anything!