Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Software opinions

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Growler, Oct 5, 2004.

1. Growler

Growler

Sep 26, 2004
    What do you guys think of the various software programs out there... Garageband (apple) or Sony's ACID? I was thinking of using one as a accompaniment to my playing. I've got access to both mac and PC.

Anybody use them? Opinions?

2. Don W

Don W

Jan 30, 2004
    East Bay, CA.
    I used Cakewalk programs for a while. But since I bought a Mac I've been very happy with Garage Band. If you have a Mac you really can't go wrong seeing as it only costs $50.

3. DougP

DougP

Sep 4, 2001
    i am waiting on a copy of garageband to come in right now. but i use acid, cakewalk GT Pro 3, and sound forge at home, and i really like those. though i am considering moving to adobe audition instead of cakewalks guitar tracks. i see that Apple also has a $1000 music studio piece of software out but the budget isnt that high...sigh...

i have tried several other demos like tracktion and sonar, but it seems that the method i use know works the best for me.

4. Kelly Lee

Kelly Lee Yeah, I'm a guy! Supporting Member

Feb 17, 2004
    Marana, AZ, USA
    I like to use ACID 3.0 for my scratch pad. I have 4.0 but haven't installed it yet. When I'm serious about recording, I use only Nuendo v1.53. It has a steap learning curve but it can do anything!