Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Software recommendation needed: digi photo management for PC

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by secretdonkey, May 9, 2005.

1. secretdonkey

secretdonkey

Oct 9, 2002
    Austin, TX
    My boss' wife has asked me for a recommendation for digital photo management software. Being as I'm a Mac user and she's a PC user, I don't have a clue, and need you guys' help.

Ideally, she is looking for:

1. "scrapbook" functions that make date and comments easily entered and displayed.

2. Slideshows that can be exported as freestanding media files (i.e., don't require the app to run but rather run as a self contained .exe or are playable in a common [near universal] movie file format).

3. Allows "soundtrack" audio files to be included and exported with slideshow.

4. Is easy to use for the "average" home computer user.

Thanks for your suggestions, TBer's! :)

2. atldeadhead

atldeadhead

Jun 17, 2002
    Georgia
  3. secretdonkey

secretdonkey

Oct 9, 2002
    Austin, TX
    Thanks! Any other suggestions? As with my "regular duties" in my job, I feel obliged to get three bids (metaphorically speaking, I mean that I want to present more than one option).

Any other suggestions?

don't make me play the "it's so easy with a Mac" card, people! ;) :D

4. Josh Ryan

Josh Ryan - that dog won't hunt, Monsignor. Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 24, 2001
  5. acdsee is a program i remember that had great functionality on windows, i use gnu/linux x86 for day to day, mac for recording, and windows as little as possible.

6. WillPlay4Food

WillPlay4Food Now With More Metal! Staff Member Supporting Member

Apr 9, 2002
    Orbiting HQ