1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

SOFTWARE/ SIENZO THAT FIGURES BASS PARTs

Discussion in 'General Instruction [BG]' started by greekbassist, Apr 13, 2006.

1. greekbassist

greekbassist

Jan 5, 2006
    Hi Guys,

I was just surfering the net when I stumbled on this software called Sienzo and from what I understand you can pop in a CD, MP3 etc and it is able to TAB and figure out bass lines as well as guitar chords.

I just thought I would post this because I remember some one asking if there was such as software...

I hope I am understanding it correctly! See what you all think!

Here is the link http://www.sienzo.com/index.asp

2. Mixmasta J

Mixmasta J

Dec 4, 2004
    hey I have this software that does the same thing!!!!!!!

its called my ear ;)

3. seanlava

seanlava

Apr 14, 2005
    +1 and amen!

4. It doesn't really work. I tried it the trial version on a whim and it gives incomplete transcriptions at best.

5. RareBear

RareBear

Oct 30, 2006
    I recently took the plunge and purchased the software. It's called "Digital Music Mentor" by Sienzo. It is supposed to analyze and tab bass lines as well as provide guitar chords. It dosen't get it right most of the time. But it is pretty cheap and has some good value. I have been using the analyzer to slow down segments of songs, erase the wrong tab and write in the correct one. It's neat to have all of this intergrated so that you can produce a tab sheet with lyrics and chords which you can save and work on on an ongoig basis. Perhaps Guitar Pro does this but I haven't look at that yet.

This DMM software has some things that could be improved. You can't remove the whole tab or more than one tab character at a time. It's cumbersome in having to delete the wrong stuff in order to put in the correct stuff. But for $40 or $50 it's not a big disappointment. I think the future looks very bright in this arena--even if no one's algorthyms are ever good enough to automatically transcribe music.