Soilent Green and the South Park Incident

Discussion in 'Bass Humor & Gig Stories [BG]' started by Spanky, May 3, 2004.

1. Anyone who knows about Soilent Green remembers when Ben was in a tragic car accident a couple of years back and had both of his legs broken to pieces......
    The band I was in, in New Orleans, decided to put on a big benefit show for Ben, as Soilent Green had to cancel a huge European tour as a result of his misfortune. We were rockin' the house at a venue called Zeppelins, (an old converted aircraft hangar...real cool place!) while our band was onstage, Ben decided to roll out in his wheelchair and belt out a Soilent Green tune that we agreed to cover for him. We riffed a few measures, the crowd recognized the tune, Ben makes his rolling stage entrance, and without a blink I step to the mic and yell "Timmy!"....moments later the whole house is laughing their butts off and chanting "Timmy!" :D
    Ben, being the great humored guy he is, started doing a wheelchair dance to the rhythm and did his best verbal imitations of South Park's Timmy.......Ill bet there were 1500 people there that night...and not one left the venue without a grin!
  2. Squidfinger

Squidfinger I wish I could sing like Rick Danko.

Jan 7, 2004
    Shreveport LA
    That's pretty funny.

I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but, Soylent Green's ex-bassist Scott Williams just killed himself and his roommate in an apparent murder/suicide. :(
  3. well i was laughing then i started to read the second post and my laugh faded away. :meh:
  4. Aaron Saunders

Aaron Saunders

Apr 27, 2002
    I concur with Mr. Smog.
  5. Oh man! I read about the murder/suicide at New Orleans News they hadnt released the names yet. I'm so sorry to hear about that. Those guys all live very fast and hard lives. I knew Scott. Not close pals, but I knew him. Id better get to writing some old friends. Thanks for telling me.
  6. Ok...I just got the details from Ben. On Monday night, April 26th, Scott Williams was shot in the head with a .38 cal handgun by his roommate Tracey Terry, at their home in Gretna. It all started when the two had an argument at a local restaurant that continued when they arrived home. After killing Scott, Tracey turned the gun on himself, shooting himself in the chest. Scotts mom was at the home when the incident occurred, and after hearing the shots, found them both dead. I realize this news belongs elsewhere, but I wanted to bring out some of the details for those of you who care.
  7. wow! that sucks so bad! first post was so funny... then, damn. :meh:
  8. Well..hey guys, on the lighter side...which is what this thread was intended for....the original event was freekin' hilarious! I wish everyone coulda seen it! I laughed so hard I could barely play the rest of the set...every time I looked at Ben I thought of Timmy!! And I would just start rolling again! Thought I was going to "Soilent" all over myself...Hahahaha! :p
    Tell you what....Scott Williams would tell us all to keep laughing and to just "Rock On!" :) Here's to ya Bro! :cool: