Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Solano basses?

Discussion in 'Basses [DB]' started by Shoes4Industry, Mar 13, 2003.

1. Hello,

I'm new here and was hoping for some info from this group (sounds like a fun group of people).

I am in the market for a new DB mainly for orchestral playing and a friend who is a professional player suggested Rumano Solano as a Luthier. Since he seems to have no website (I have the email), does anyone know what range of instruments he makes/sells?

Thanks in advance,

2. Jeff Bollbach

Jeff Bollbach Jeff Bollbach Luthier, Inc.

Dec 12, 2001
    freeport, ny
    Department of Redundancy Dept.

3. mpm

mpm

May 10, 2001
    Los Angeles
    "they'd been playin' ten card Tarot, dealer goes wild..."

4. Marcus Johnson

Marcus Johnson

Nov 28, 2001
    Maui
    Dogs flew space ships.
    Men and women are the same sex.
    The Aztecs invented the vacation.
    Our forefathers took drugs.
    Your brain is not the boss.
    Yes, that's right...

EVERYTHING YOU KNOW IS WRONG>>>

or something like that...

5. Wow, it's scary how many Firesign fans there are on this board!
    :D

I couldn't find much on him either and since I'm nowhere near his shop, it might be tough to find one to try. But I might be in the DC area in May, so maybe I'll check it out. Thanks again.

Why does the porridge bird lay its egg in the air?

6. erik II

erik II

Jul 11, 2000
    Oslo, Norway
  7. Marcus Johnson

Marcus Johnson

Nov 28, 2001
    Maui
    Erik, Google up some Firesign Theatre, but be forewarned, there's no going back.

So long until last time again...

8. mje

mje

Aug 1, 2002
    Southeast Michigan
    Oh boy... now you got me going. And just when I'm out car shopping. I am going to annoy a *lot* of salesmen...

Hiya, friends! Ralph Spoilsport, Ralph Spoilsport Motors - the world's largest new used and used new automobile dealership - Ralph Spoilsport motors - right here in the city of EMPHYSEMA!

Let's just look at the extras on this fabulous car! Wire-wheel spoke fenders and two-way sneeze through wind vents, star-studded mud guard, sponge-coated edible steering column, chrome fender dents - and factory air conditioned air from our fully factory-equipped air conditioned factory!

It's a beautiful car friends, with doors to match! Birch's Blacklist says this car was stolen but for you friends a complete price: only two-ninety-five hundred dollars in easy monthly payments of twenty dollars a week twice a week and never on Sunday!

9. Bruce Lindfield

Bruce Lindfield Unprofessional TalkBass Contributor Gold Supporting Member

What a weird thread!

But then my first thought was that "Solano" plays right mid-field for Newcastle United!!

And Peru!! :D

10. Martin Sheridan

Martin Sheridan

Jan 4, 2001
    Fort Madison, Iowa
    Bass Maker
    I'm a bass player and bass maker. I've seen a number of his basses and generally I like what he's doing. He's also a bass player and a neat guy. He makes several models, and my advice on buying any bass is: buy in your price range, and buy one you love.