1. Please read before selling or posting: TalkBass DB Classifieds Rules and FAQ
  2. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

*SOLD* Ampeg Baby Bass - Local NJ NY PA DE MD

Discussion in 'DB Classifieds Archive' started by NickyBass, Jul 31, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NickyBass

NickyBass Supporting Member

Nov 28, 2005
    Southern New Jersey
    I have up for sale, a 60's era Ampeg Baby Bass. This is for local sale only, because I don't want to ship it. This one is priced at $1850.

Overall, it is in nice condition. See the pics and note how the seems are seperating a bit on both sides near the neck. This is very common among these older basses, and this one is alot better than I've seen.

Also, someone put dot position markers on the side of the neck. I've never used them, so I don't know how accurate they are. I'm sure they can be removed easily. I just left them there.

The bass comes with the original case and stand.

If you need more info, please let me know. You are more than welcome to try this one out at my workplace. I would drive a bit to meet you, but I cannot go too far. I'm trying to stay local because me and the misses are in the last month of her pregnancy.

Pics: bb.

abb1.

bb6.

2. NickyBass

Nov 28, 2005
    Southern New Jersey
    Seams and side dot markers:

bb5.

bb4.

3. NickyBass

Nov 28, 2005
    Southern New Jersey
    I'm going to drop the price on this bass. How does $1750 sound?

4. Tanglehead

Tanglehead

Nov 27, 2004
    Boulder, CO
    If you decide to ship, please keep me in mind, as I'd very likely be interested.

Tanglehead

Portland, OR

5. NickyBass

Nov 28, 2005
    Southern New Jersey
    I will keep that in mind. I believe that the neck comes off. I am going to see if there is any local interest over the next month or so. If not, I will research how to remove the neck and might be willing to ship.

6. To remove the neck, just slacken the strings, then pull off the metal rod which crosses the neck heel.

7. NickyBass

Nov 28, 2005
    Southern New Jersey
    Cool. Thanks for the info. I will try that out this coming weekend.

Are there any adjustments that need to be made to the setup to put it back on? Or is it as simple as pushing the rod back in and tuning up?

8. No and yes!
    :D

Best regards,
    François

9. NickyBass

Nov 28, 2005
    Southern New Jersey
    This bass is sold. Thanks for all the interest. It is going to a good home and will be loved.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.