1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

*SOLD!*Ampeg SVT-II (Non-Pro) all Tube Bass Head - Just Retubed and Serviced!

Discussion in 'For Sale: Amps, Preamps, and Cabinets' started by Quadzilla, Dec 21, 2006.

1. Quadzilla

Quadzilla Supporting Member

SOLD!!!!

All-

Selling my Ampeg SVT-II head. These are no longer in production (produced 1990 - 1994). She's in damn good shape. She just got retubed and serviced by tech and fellow TBer John Dahlman (TB name JkDahlman ). John has designed and built his own tube pre-amps and tube amps, so he knows his schinizit (he has worked on MANY pieces of my gear all with great success).

So the head got all new power tubes (Electro-Harmonics Russian matched set). John went through the head and biased it, cleaned all the switches and pots, interior and exterior, etc, etc. He tested all the pre-amp tubes and ran the beast for several hours under high load and she passed with flying colors!

The head is in good shape with all orginal knobs and controls in tact. In case you didn't know it, the SVT-II non-pro is the one preferred by most bass players over the Pro version. Word is that the Pro version made the pre-amp section too complicated and messed up the tone in many people's opinions. I'll try to post some pics tomorrow eve. The head has only a few hours on her or so since being completely serviced. $899 + shipping.

2. ninerfan

ninerfan

May 28, 2006
    North San Diego
    Why man?!? I thought we were starting a club!:D
    I think you may be addicted to feedback.

Anyway, bump for a great head!

3. Quadzilla

Quadzilla Supporting Member

This one is gone (didn't last long)! Man, I LOVE (and I really mean LOVE) this head, but my back doesn't!