1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

[SOLD] Cheap gig bag on MusiciansFriend today

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by rmrf, Nov 29, 2006.

1. rmrf

rmrf

Mar 6, 2006
    Holiday, FL
    If you are looking for cheap gig bag - musiciansfriend.com TODAY ONLY gives away MF gig bag for $9.99 + shipping (street $39.99). Ratings are about 8.5. Just ordered one for myself.

If you don't mind - use this link. :ninja:

Or just go there.

2. ooh...leather for a tenner...seems interesting.

3. Musicians Friend is selling Hofner violin basses for $350.00! I want one.

4. I have that bag. It's well padded on the 2 faces, but not much on the edges. That's my only gripe with it. Good price!

5. SBassman

SBassman

Jun 8, 2003
    Northeast, US
    So, do they change that page every day with another Stupid deal?

6. UBU

UBU

Nov 15, 2006
    NYC
    Sweet! Thanks for the heads up man. I ordered one, and I got free shipping. $10? ok, why not...

7. mattvon

mattvon

Jan 22, 2006
    Minneapolis, MN
    ...and they're gone. :(

8. 98dvl

98dvl

Jan 31, 2002
    USA
    Got in just in time!

Thanks!

9. savit260

savit260

Mar 6, 2006
    Boston

Me too, and free shipping to boot. THANKS!!!

10. SuperDuck

SuperDuck

Sep 26, 2000
    Wisconsin
    Yup, that's the gist of it. Kind of like www.woot.com.

11. SBassman

SBassman

Jun 8, 2003
    Northeast, US
    So, did anyone get orders cancelled later?

The guitarist in our band ordered 2, the order went through, then a day later he got e-mail that it was cancelled.

12. savit260

savit260

Mar 6, 2006
    Boston
    I got a cancelation, after confirmation. Pretty miffed about the whole thing. No explination from Musicians Friend. If I don't get a response, or a gig bag on my doorstep in the next couple of days, I'm going to be one very unhapppy customer.

13. 98dvl

98dvl

Jan 31, 2002
    USA
    I received a cancellation as well...

Whatever... I didn't need the bag that badly afterall.

14. Ed Goode

Ed Goode Jersey to Georgia Gold Supporting Member Supporting Member

Nov 4, 2004
    Acworth, GA
    Endorsing Artist: FBB Bass Works
    They cancelled me out after accepting the PayPal payment. I had my order in for 2 bags at ~10:00 AM, they didn't post the SOLD OUT until after noon IIRC.

MF is terrible for this kind of stuff, I usually just avoid them because of issues like this, but the bags were just what I was looking for .... nothing to take to gigs but decent storage bags for cheap money.

The thing that always ticks me off with MF is that they try to upgrade your sale after they cancel your order. Kinda scrappy business practice ..... :eyebrow:

15. savit260

savit260

Mar 6, 2006
    Boston
    I'll have to give MF a little credit here. After not hearing anything more out of them, I emailed asking for a suitable substitute at the confirmed ordered price. I picked out a bag that I thought was fairly close and asked them if they'd ship that same price as my cancelled order. They agreed and were very decent during the email exchange. I'm satisfied with the outcome, even if I did have to chase them down to get a reasonable end result.

16. UBU

UBU

Nov 15, 2006
    NYC
    My order was cancelled also. "your paypal payment has been refunded" - ********!~!

17. Ed Goode

Ed Goode Jersey to Georgia Gold Supporting Member Supporting Member

Nov 4, 2004
    Acworth, GA
    Endorsing Artist: FBB Bass Works
    Excellent! Unfortunately for me, anything they had as a replacement was not what I wanted and was more expensive, to top it off. But I'm glad to hear that someone had a decent outcome.

But knowing that they have a specific number of items available, like the Stupid Deal gig bags, why do they continue to accept orders for something they have clearly sold out of several hours previously? Having been stung by them before in similar situations, I no longer have any faith in their system. This may have been the final insult for me .... :(

18. rmrf

rmrf

Mar 6, 2006
    Holiday, FL
    If someone will feel better...
    Yesterday I received this bag. Ok... As for me it looks exactly for 10 bucks... :)

19. savit260

savit260

Mar 6, 2006
    Boston

I actually picked out something I thought was a suitable substitute, and asked if they'd do it for the same price. If they had offered up something really cheezy with no or little internal padding, I think I might have been grumpy. I do agree that it isn't a good busines practice to put up a sale, and then continue taking orders after it's sold out. What got me is that they confirmed my original order. If the item was sold out.... that would have been the time to tell me it was sold out. If that were the case, I would have been o.k. with the whole deal. After they had confirmed the order, I felt they owed me some kind of fair resolution. So far I'm fine with the outcome, just so long as they hold up their end of the bargain. Will update when the bill, and package arrive. :cool:

20. rmrf

rmrf

Mar 6, 2006
    Holiday, FL