1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SOLD SOLD Dingwall Combustion NG-2 5-string

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by xnewyorka, Dec 20, 2017.

1. xnewyorka

xnewyorka Supporting Member

Jun 26, 2006
    NYC Area
    Price:
    Strings:
    Brand new Dingwall Combustion NG-2 5-string in Lamborghini Orange, with Darkglass Tone Capsule preamp.

SOLD!

Last edited: Feb 27, 2018
    krovx, dorej, d00dr and 5 others like this.
  2. kittywithabanjo

kittywithabanjo Supporting Member

Nov 26, 2014
    Coquitlam. BC
    Great bass played one yesterday and have been gassing a bit.

xnewyorka likes this.
  3. xnewyorka

Jun 26, 2006
    NYC Area
    I guess the one you played was not for sale?
    I can't imagine playing one and then walking away without buying it, unless it was simply not for sale!

AB Nate and kittywithabanjo like this.
  4. GospelGrooves

GospelGrooves

Mar 1, 2015
    Malaysia
    How about selling the Seca Blue and keeping this delicious and juicy Orange?;)

hisdudeness likes this.
  5. xnewyorka

Jun 26, 2006
    NYC Area
    Too late - the blue one just sold and I've just finished boxing it up. :-(
    I am deliberately not opening the orange one because I am afraid I will bond with it and then it will be too painful to let it go!
    The ABZ arrived today, so I let her say a quick hello to her cousin before her cousin went into the box.

If you close your eyes, it's pretty tough to tell the ABZ-5 and the NG2-5 apart! The ABZ is a quarter pound lighter - not super noticeable. This ABZ has the same Darkglass preamp so it's very similar tonally.

Attached Files:

GospelGrooves likes this.
  6. impacs

impacs Supporting Member

Nov 12, 2012
    Largo, FL
    How did you like the Darkglass preamp?

7. xnewyorka

Jun 26, 2006
    NYC Area
    It is very cool, I like it a lot. It has good usability across the entire range on the tone controls. I really like that it has a low mid and high mid, which is quite useful as compared to low, mid, and high. The the one quibble is that you make a trade-off in that there is no tone control available when in passive mode. But if you run active mode with everything flat, it is the same as passive mode anyway.
    The ranges on the pots are very well-thought-out, they are usable across their entire range, as opposed to being to the point of ridiculousness at the end of the range. Hey complements the instrument very well, and sounds good both clean and dirty. Overall, an excellent pairing.