1. Please read before selling or posting: TalkBass DB Classifieds Rules and FAQ
  2. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

*SOLD* EA iAMP 200 Head

Discussion in 'DB Classifieds Archive' started by TroyK, Apr 23, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TroyK

TroyK Moderator Staff Member

Mar 14, 2003
    Seattle, WA
    ***SOLD***

$275 + shipping for my talkbass brethren

You know the one, search the AMPS forum if you don't.

This head has plenty of clean power to 1 - 4 ohm cabinet of your choice and a fully parametric equalizer with some short cut pre-sets if you're in a hurry. The micro amps are smaller, but this eq is awesome and only available in EAs 1200 Watt/$1200 pro version now. I've got some got some well explored favorite settings that I can share with you that make the gremlins go away depending on the band and the room, under ideal circumstances it's good flat and I use some of the pre-sets when I'm playing the slab. Exploration of dialing your tone in, though is virtually limitless if you know or can learn, what you're doing.

Through 1 Wizzy 12 speaker, I've never caught a glimpse of the top end of this amp, upright or electric. I doubt that I could with my upright, with electric, it's probably there, but I don't play those kind of gigs. I played RENT this year in a big theater, with a full rock band and singers and no problem at about 60% gain having my clear tone cut through. Furthermore, when A-B'ing it with a few other small combos (AI/GK) the sound of this one doesn't change as you turn it up and the others do. They start out all sounding clean, the others fuzz-up as volume goes up, this scales linearly.

Complete control over your sound in any situation.

Some specs from the internet:

- 200 Watts at 4 ohms
    - Rackmountable
    - Tuner send
    - Headphone jack (with output control)
    - 1 Speaker out jack
    - Controllable DI send with pre & post EQ settings
    - Effects loop
    - 3.5 x 14.5 x 9
    - 8.5 lbs

There is also an input for a device like an iPod or CD player if you want to play along, transcribe or have the world's greatest iPod amp.

The head has lived it's whole life nestled safely inside a Wizzy Combo, so there is not a scratch on it.

I love it, love it, love it. I happened upon and impulse bought an iAMP 500 at an insane bargain price (More that this, though), so I'm sticking with the same type of amp for my big rig. I doubt the extra wattage will matter, especially since I never used all of this, even in big halls but I technically have the ability to drive 2 cabinets now and I want an extension cab for my small amp, so it feels like a reasonable small investment to be able to use it with my EA combo as well.

MAY consider trades for certain 4 ohm cabinets, it doesn't hurt to offer. May also consider trade credit if you've got Animas or Compass 180s with some life left in them.

Let's say buyer pays actual shipping cost using the carrier and speed of your choice. I have UPS, Fed-EX and USPS all in my neighborhood. But, we can estimate it and round to an agreed upon shipping cost once we have the facts.

PayPal (fees are mine)

If you don't know me here, check me out. I'm a long standing member with some good feedback and I've met TBDBers across the country. I'm not going anywhere and value my place in the community, so buy with confidence. I won't let the transaction go south on us.

Questions? More Pictures? Just PM me.

Attached Files:

2. Touch

Touch

Aug 7, 2002
    Boulder, CO
    Wow...this shouldn't last too long.

I've got the higher power version and LOVE it.

+1 on the EA parametric EQ....super flexible.

Someone should grab this before I buy it for a practice rig!

3. pm. . .
    thanks,
    Brian

4. TinRoof

TinRoof

Apr 4, 2010
    Norfolk, VA
    pm...

5. TroyK

Mar 14, 2003
    Seattle, WA
    Thanks guys!

2 new pieces of data:

1) I looks like standard ground shipping in the 48 anyway is about $25. I'm still happy to wait until it's packed and weighed and get an exact for you, but playing with the on-line calcs and adding and subtracting a few inches and lbs, we're +/- a few dollars.

2) The head that is replacing this one is in-bound and tracking via UPS for a 4/28 delivery (next Wed.). If the buyer of this head is amenable, I'd like to wait until then so that I can reuse the box and packing (assuming it's good). If no one is and we close and deal over the weekend on the condition that I ship Monday, then I'll find a box and get it on it's way. Either way, I'll make sure it's safely and expertly packed. Think about it.

Thanks for your interest, keep it coming until I mark it gone, which I will promptly do when it is. If you've already PMed me, I'll respect your place in line and work through your offer and terms in the order they come in. I reserve the right to bump up a local deal or move something involving a trade up or down as it's not apples to apples to "I'll take it!"

6. TroyK

Mar 14, 2003
    Seattle, WA
    Sold Pending completion of a multi-player deal. I will update the thread when it is finally done.

7. TinRoof

TinRoof

Apr 4, 2010
    Norfolk, VA
    payment sent...woohoo...new stuff :)

8. TroyK

Mar 14, 2003
    Seattle, WA
    Sold, thanks.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.