1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SOLD SOLD.....Ernie Ball Musicman STINGRAY5...near mint

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by road-cat1, Dec 25, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. road-cat1

road-cat1 Supporting Member

Mar 24, 2008
    Mesa, AZ
    I am thinning the herd of basses that I have not been playing lately ...(BAD GAS).
    So, with some reluctance, I am selling my Ernie Ball Musicman Stingray5. It is Blue Pearl (metallic), white pearloid pickguard and an insanely figured birds-eye maple fingerboard. Even more striking to see in person. GREAT playing with NO issues. It looks as near to mint as you will find. There is a scratch near the output jack from a sloppy repair-tech that changed out the jack for me. (The 1/4" plug was pulling out too easily and a new jack fixed the problem.) It will include a MUSICMAN hard case (SKB?) that is in perfect condition. I always used a gig bag, so this is like new. Thick, Punchy and the distinctive Stingray sound in "as new" condition.
    $1100 shipped to CONUS via ground UPS.
    stingray5side.
    fingerboard.
    backofneck.
    headstock.

2. There seems to be an awful lot of birdseye in that flamed maple.

3. road-cat1

Mar 24, 2008
    Mesa, AZ
    Yeah, you are right.. Beautiful Birds Eye figuring on the maple. It is even more striking in person.

4. road-cat1

Mar 24, 2008
    Mesa, AZ
    You are right about that......I mis-stated "flamed maple" and have corrected it. Thanks for the catch!

5. Zitch

Zitch

May 12, 2010
    Akron, Oh
    This one wont last long

6. Rumblefisher

Rumblefisher Supporting Member

Aug 22, 2007
    Astoria, NY
    Da-yum

7. rojo412

rojo412 Sit down, Danny... Supporting Member

Feb 26, 2000
    Cleveland, OH.
    LOVE the neck. You don't see 'em like that anymore.
    GLWTS!

8. Insane beauty!

9. It is a beauty. I like the single H config the best. I GAS for another one some day

10. sb69coupe

sb69coupe

Aug 9, 2004
    Raleigh NC
    What does it weigh?

11. road-cat1

Mar 24, 2008
    Mesa, AZ
    5 string Musicman basses are not lightweight basses. This one is average weight for THEM...and weighs in at 10 lbs. You will not notice the weight because you will be floating on air with the sound.:hyper:

12. sb69coupe

sb69coupe

Aug 9, 2004
    Raleigh NC
    PM sent

13. road-cat1

Mar 24, 2008
    Mesa, AZ
    Payment pending for this to be SOLD.........Raleigh, NC will find the ground shaking a bit when this gets played :)

14. road-cat1

Mar 24, 2008
    Mesa, AZ
    SOLD and off to Raleigh

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.