1. Please read before selling or posting: TalkBass DB Classifieds Rules and FAQ
  2. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

*SOLD* Evah Pirazzis, for sale/ for trade

Discussion in 'DB Classifieds Archive' started by fred pratt, Mar 25, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. fred pratt

fred pratt Supporting Member

Jun 20, 2004
    New York City
    I had these on my bass for just about a couple months, and my teacher used the E string for a couple weeks. They sound great and have a long productive life ahead of them, I just need something with less tension.

$90, or will trade for Velvet Blues, Animas, or Evah Weichs.

2. Phil Rowan

Phil Rowan Supporting Member

Mar 2, 2005
    Brooklyn, NY
    IME, I liked the Evah's a lot, but had to switch to something with a little more tension to allow for digging in with the bow and without the strings rattling on the finger board (my action isn't all that low). If I only played jazz pizz and little arco, and weren't playing in an orchestra, I'd stick with them. Granted, they do have a very nice sound with the bow. FWIW, I have the Pecanic synthetic tailgut on this bass.

3. kittyboy

kittyboy Supporting Member

Sep 27, 2005
    Seattle, WA
    Yeah, I'm getting buzzing with the bow too (on a medium setup).

What strings are you playing instead?

4. fred pratt

fred pratt Supporting Member

Jun 20, 2004
    New York City
    I've been doing long, loud weekly gigs, 100% pizz, and they've taken a toll on my hands, etc., hence the need for lower tension.

5. Phil Rowan

Phil Rowan Supporting Member

Mar 2, 2005
    Brooklyn, NY

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.