1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SOLD "SOLD" F/S Ibanez SR496 6 string bass, lowered price.

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by wyleeboxer, Oct 21, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wyleeboxer

wyleeboxer Supporting Member

Apr 28, 2005
    Orange County, CA
    Sale fell through on my SR496. EMG's sold and taking out of this bass and there going into another TB'rs SR506. So, Stock pups are going back in (DX6). Still a great 6 string bass for the money, don't buy a new SR506 until you check this bass out. This bass is very well built and is almost identical to the newer SR506 but with some minor differences in the body contour (SR496 is slightly larger), but the neck is the same Bubinga/Wenge and fast feel with low action, mohagany body, narrow string spacing 16.5mm, and same black chrome hardware (34" scale). I've A/B this bass with an SR506 b/f I put the EMG's in and they sound very similar (which makes me think about the SR506 Bartolini "labeled" Korean pups???), but the stock ibanez electronic's sound is decent enough for just about any style of music, except this bass is probably not the best for slap happy folks.
    I bought this bass new less then a year ago (and still looks it) from a friend at the east coast Ibanez factory, I think its a 2004 modal right b/f they switched to the SR506. Its a really fine well built bass (which justified putting in the high end EMG electronics), especially for someone who wants to get into the 6string bass realm. The necks action and feel is almost identical to my high end Japanese made SR3006e! The sound is incredible with the EMG's, but I dont think a lot of folks here want/need the high end electronics in a mid-level bass, so thats why I'm willing to sell separately.

Bass options:

with EMG pups and BQS pre-amp= $500
    with stock DX6 pups and stock pre-amp= $300

+ $25 to ship in the lower 48 US states.

Also let me know if anyone is interested in buying the EMG 40P/40J pups and BQS pre-amp?

BTW the MIJ Fender bass P bass is SOLD.

Thanks,

Attached Files:

2. west*coast*bass

west*coast*bass Supporting Member

Dec 6, 2003
    Agoura Hills, CA
    If you have pictures of the gear, posting them here will surely help sell the items. Good luck!

3. west*coast*bass

Dec 6, 2003
    Agoura Hills, CA
    PM sent...

4. wyleeboxer

Apr 28, 2005
    Orange County, CA
    Cool "west coast bass" got it! Thanks!

5. west*coast*bass

Dec 6, 2003
    Agoura Hills, CA
    There you go!

6. That is EXTREMELY cheep for that MIJ pbass.

lowsound

7. tplyons

tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    Nut width on the P?

8. wyleeboxer

Apr 28, 2005
    Orange County, CA
    Bumb for final lowered price. I would hate to take it to ebay Ive never sold anything on there before, help dont make me go! :)

9. quadrogong

quadrogong

Jul 6, 2006
    NYC
    the EMG's,
    are those emg 35's?
    I have a set of Bartolinis,and a bartolini preamp as well,
    but the Barts are EMG-35 sized.
    34" scale?
    narrow neck/spacing?
    thanks,
    kevin

10. wyleeboxer

Apr 28, 2005
    Orange County, CA
    Your 35's are 3.5" the 40's are 4", the 40's are designed for wide 5 string spacing or in this case narrow 6 string spacing. Yes, narrow and fast, typical Ibanez SR neck! Yes, 34" inch scale (sorry I'll edit). The stock Ibanez electronics sound very similar to the Bart MK-1 in the newer SR506. The EMG's in it now bring out another animal with this bass. I could email more pics if you like?

Thanks

11. wyleeboxer

Apr 28, 2005
    Orange County, CA
    Bump...

12. EduardoK

EduardoK

Jun 28, 2004
    GEE, SOMEBODY SHOULD GRAB THIS BASS OR..........

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.