1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

SOLD -SOLD- Fender American Precision - Beautiful Ash Body

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by Freddy-G., Dec 10, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I was going to put this on Ebay, then decided this P bass is not your run-of-the-mill bass, so I'm offering it to my bass buddies first. Just look at the pics. It's beautiful. But also, it is very light. I don't have an accurate scale, but I don't think it is over 8 lbs.

I believe it was made in 2001, but I'm not sure. It's stock, no modifications. Ash body, Rosewood fretboard. 9.5/10 condition. I've set the action pretty low with no fret buzz. And it sounds great. The guitarist in my band says it's his favorite of all my basses. But I'm moving towards 5 strings.

Strap locks included. I'm asking $750 shipped, but will listen to reasonable offers. For trades, I'm mainly looking for 5 strings, and will add cash for something nice.

1806s.

1817s.

2. basstodave

basstodave

Jan 12, 2002
    arizona
    What is the serial number? That should determine the year.

3. The serial number is: Z0120935.

Thanks for the help.

4. SuperDuck

SuperDuck

Sep 26, 2000
    Wisconsin
    I think that makes it a 2000.

5. UBU

UBU

Nov 15, 2006
    NYC
    pm sent

6. The original HSC is included in this deal. It's strung with a set of Rotosound flats and sounds really full, deep and thumpy, just like a great P Bass should!

7. I'm running this through the start/finish line one more time before sending it to the auction block. I already know I'm going to regret selling it. But I've got to get the collection down to three or four 5-string basses.

If you played it yourself, you'd know it's special too. No dead spots, lighter than most, and as sexy as a bass can get. :bassist:

8. CHOI

CHOI Guest

Aug 5, 2006
    Seoul, Korea
    Are you interested in a warwick 4 string thumb bolt on?

9. Thank you for a great offer. If you had a 5 string bolt-on I would have to think twice.

10. jobo4

jobo4

Apr 19, 2006
    Austin, TX
    Bump for a nice guy and a beautifully cared for bass.:hyper:

11. Thanks!

Sale pending.

12. Sold!

Thanks, everyone.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.