1. Please read before selling or posting: TalkBass DB Classifieds Rules and FAQ
  2. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

*SOLD* For Sale: Azola Bug Bass (original)

Discussion in 'DB Classifieds Archive' started by NickyBass, Nov 15, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NickyBass

NickyBass Supporting Member

Nov 28, 2005
    Southern New Jersey
    ******SOLD*******

This is an original Azola Bug Bass. It is passive with a piezo bridge pickup and a volume control. In the pics, you can see where there was a repaired crack. A previous owner tightened the belly rest knob too much and it cracked. He fixed it with super glue, but it opened again. I sent it off to Michael Dolan to have it professionally repaired. Unfortunately, he couldn't get it 100% clean, so there is a line. However, it is smooth to the touch and stronger than wood. The end pin is a little bent, but it functions perfectly. Also, one of the zippers on the case is broken. Other than that, it is in good shape, and there are no other issues. It has a set of Pirastro Flat Chromesteel strings. They are less than a year old. The tummy rest is from a newer Bug Bass II and will ship with the bass. The original isn't included, but the replacement fits nicely.

I would like to get $1250 shipped for it. Please feel free to ask any questions.

Body:
    IMG_1669-1.

Headstock:
    IMG_1670-1.

Here is a close up of the repaired crack. As you can see, there is a line:

IMG_1671-1.

But, from the side, it is smooth to the touch:

IMG_1673-1.

Here, you can see how the end pin is a bit bent. It functions 100%:

IMG_1672-1.

2. NickyBass

Nov 28, 2005
    Southern New Jersey
    I took another look at the bass, and I should point out that there are a few nicks on the back of the body. They are all in one place. The front of the bass and the neck are in great shape.

3. 59jazz

59jazz Infinite Rider on the Big Dogma Supporting Member

The same crack occurred on my Bug bass, and was repaired in the same manner; still holds strong to this day. This type of repair should not cause a potential buyer to worry. This is a typical problem with Bug basses prior to Azola upgrading to a threaded plate.
    They're out there, but hard to come by. With cash in hand, it took me 4 months to find mine; someone buy this!:hyper:

Is that a bubinga fingerboard? That's the one I wanted.

4. buddyro57

buddyro57 me and PJ (living with the angels now)

Apr 14, 2006
    Cedar Falls Iowa
    Hi- I pm'ed you.

5. bajocallao

bajocallao

Jul 13, 2006
    Woodside, New York
    Endorsing Artist: D'addario Strings, Aguilar Amplifiers
    That's my old bass!
    hands down the loudest EUB I've owned
    sounds great
    I would love to get this back
    you looking for any trades?

6. NickyBass

Nov 28, 2005
    Southern New Jersey
    Yeah, this is the same bass. I would be interested in a Hartke or GK amp for trades. Maybe a nice preamp---rack, or pedal/belt type. There are a few other things that I'd be interested in, but I can't really add any cash.

7. bajocallao

bajocallao

Jul 13, 2006
    Woodside, New York
    Endorsing Artist: D'addario Strings, Aguilar Amplifiers
    I believe the board is pao

8. PM sent, in case you aren't keeping up with my WTB thread.

9. dcr

dcr Supporting Member

FTR: The Azola is a great-sounding and playing instrument. Wish I hadn't had to sell mine. But a hyper-extended / badly sprained left thumb kept me from playing it.

Best of luck with the sale!

dcr

10. dcr

dcr Supporting Member

I have to agree with phat5. I believe it's bubinga. Mine was and looked just like that.

dcr

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.