1. Please read before selling or posting: TalkBass DB Classifieds Rules and FAQ
Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

*SOLD* For Sale Czech 3/4 solid bass

Discussion in 'DB Classifieds Archive' started by speedster, Feb 22, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. speedster

speedster

Aug 19, 2005
    Ontario Canada
    Approx. 100 yr old Czech 3/4 size bass, carved spruce top, maple slab back and sides, a few repaired cracks, good sound, new Thomastic strings.

Best offer, would consider Eminence EUB as partial trade.....

2. Where are you located?

I just found out that my current laminated bass isn't worth repairing, so I'm in the market....

Can you give me a ball park of what you are expecting to get for the instrument?

Thanks,

fm

3. Speedster, perhaps you can change your public profile to read something more specific than "Ontario" - it's a darned big province!

I'm curious to know the price as well - but I won't consider the bass if I have to drive to Thunder Bay!

4. Hey Rob,

I noticed you are in Toronto - I'm heading down this weekend to potentially do a little bass shopping. I was planning on hitting the Sound Post, possibly Long & McQuade and possibly Heinl. Anywhere else you would recommend I check out. I'm looking for a laminate or hybrid instrument that will be used almost exclusively for jazz...

any thoughts?

fm

5. speedster

speedster

Aug 19, 2005
    Ontario Canada
    Port Elgin Ontario is the location which is 30 minutes from Owen Sound Ontario.......

About 2hrs North West of Toronto.....

As far as price goes $3000 Canadian

home email address: skspeedie@bmts.com

let me know guys....... as another fella in London Ontario is planning on making the trip....

6. $3k is a bit rich for me right now, but thanks for letting us know. Good luck with the sale.

fm

7. philly

philly

Nov 20, 2004
    nyc
    you have pics?

8. speedster

speedster

Aug 19, 2005
    Ontario Canada
    I'll try and post some pic's tonight after I get home from work, mangaed to take some last night, just hope they turn out. Not good with a borrowed digital camera..!

9. Steve Clark

Steve Clark Supporting Member

Jan 9, 2004
    London ON
    Hi Speedster.

I sent an email to the work address and home email. Talk to you again soon.

Steve

10. HumanClay

HumanClay

Dec 19, 2005
    Australia
    hey, i dont really have that sort of money at the moment either. But i just wanted to ask if you would ship to Australia? Also how much is 3k australia? i think its double?...

thanks heaps :)

11. speedster

speedster

Aug 19, 2005
    Ontario Canada
    Don't know how much $3000 Canadian is Australian, and nope can't see it being shipped there...

Sorry

12. Phil Rowan

Phil Rowan

Mar 2, 2005
    Brooklyn, NY
    Oof, I really wish I lived closer to you, or vice versa....

13. speedster

speedster

Aug 19, 2005
    Ontario Canada
    Steve Clark just got himself a wonderful sounding old czech bass with tons of character.

Price was a steal but glad to see it going to someone who will appreciate & play it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.