1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SOLD **SOLD** FS: Fender HM IV Bass, Rare, 1990, Made in USA! Tons of MOJO! - LOOK!!

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by Joe Milstein, Apr 18, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Joe Milstein

Joe Milstein Inactive Commercial User

Dec 7, 2007
    Central New Jersey
    Gamma Bass Guitars
    SOLD**** For Sale is an Awesome, and very rare 1990, off-white, Fender HM IV, Made in the USA! TONS of MOJO!! :ninja: This is a true road-worn Fender bass that has its bruises... but plays, feels and sounds really amazing. Looks totally cool! The headstock was cracked once but was professional repaired and & sealed many years ago with zero issues or any sign of concern, whatsoever. The rest of the wear are your typical vintage-looking nicks, dings and scars of use of a 20+ year old bass; none of which has any impact on the functionality of the bass at all. The axe can really thump and grind.

Fender manufactured only a few of these in the late 80s to early 90s and even fewer made in the USA. The rest were made in Japan. I was told that the “HM” in the name stands for either “Heartfield Model” or “Heavy Metal.” Allegedly, this was a series of guitars and basses developed by Fender in the late 1980s with a more modern look, to appeal to the metal and alternative bands of the time. Yet, this bass is great for everything from punk to funk to folk. The HM Basses have a smaller body than a standard Precision Bass or Jazz Bass, making them lighter.

The Fender HM is an unbelievably comfortable bass with a 1.5” neck width at the nut and weighs about 7 lbs on my bathroom scale. The 5-way strat-style pickup selector switch combined with the slick, thin, maple neck and rosewood fret-board complete this fast playing bass.

This bass has the original & unique 3 Fender Jazz pick-ups (passive), the original volume & tone control knobs with new selector switch and new input jack. All of the other black hardware is stock and very clean.

It was recently set up and is ready to go! The action is set a bit high (for my taste with this bass), but can easily be adjusted based on desire. Currently strung with new Michael Tobias Design (MTD) Stainless Steel Roundwound Medium-Light Strings (45-100)

Serial # is N000751 – 1990 CORONA, CA

If not already, will soon be a collectible instrument. I have had the bass examined by some Fender Bass pros and all gave it thumbs up.

I am asking $350 o/b/o with gig-bag shipped CONUS.

Will be packed and shipped securely and professionally.

I tried my best to illustrate the bass as accurately as possible. If you have any questions at all, please let me know.

Thanks for looking.

hmfrontleft.jpg

hmfrontstraight.jpg

hmfrontright.jpg

hmpupsknobs.jpg

hmfronttotal.jpg

hmbackright.jpg

hmbackstraight.jpg

hmbackleft.jpg

hmneckback.jpg

hmkeys-2.jpg

hmbacktotal-2.jpg

hmheadstock-1.jpg

2. PM'ed. May want a second one of these.

3. Joe Milstein

Joe Milstein Inactive Commercial User

Dec 7, 2007
    Central New Jersey
    Gamma Bass Guitars
    And sold for $330!!!! Enjoy!

4. deeptubes

deeptubes

Feb 21, 2011
    Virginia Beach
    Gotta be quick!

5. Holy cow, that was fast! We should start an HM club (all three of us).

6. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

May 7, 2021

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.