1. Please read before selling or posting: TalkBass DB Classifieds Rules and FAQ
  2. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

*SOLD* FS: Juzek 5/8 fully-carved double bass (Seattle area)

Discussion in 'DB Classifieds Archive' started by etsob, May 10, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. etsob

etsob Supporting Member

Apr 28, 2010
    Seattle, WA
    Endorsing artist, REMIC Microphones
    SOLD...

Selling my workhorse fully-carved Juzek 5/8 double bass (could also be considered a small 3/4), along with the David Gage Realist pickup I have on it. It was purchased in Brooklyn, NY, where it was retired from the Brooklyn Public School system (as evidenced by the faint B's scratched into the finish of the back and side of the bass). I bought the bass roughly reconditioned and had it fully set up by John Michael Smith of St. Paul, MN. It has the typical wear of a bass of this age, and had some damage to the face from before I owned it. This has been repaired and has never affected the sound at all or caused any structural problems. The bass is currently set up for jazz, and performs amazingly in that context. Padded Mooradian cover included. It provides an incredibly robust and full sound for a smaller instrument. It would also prove to be a superb instrument for a high school/college student. Recently appraised at $4000 by Hammond Ashley Violins in Issaquah, I'm letting it go for $3500. These basses went for circa $6000 new, so this is a great chance to own a full-carved double bass at a fraction of the price. Would prefer a local buyer, but can travel a moderate distance to deliver the bass. Email with any questions!

Bass is SOLD--thanks for looking!

Attached Files:

2. pnchad

pnchad

Nov 3, 2005
    I might be interested. What is the mensure?

3. etsob

etsob Supporting Member

Apr 28, 2010
    Seattle, WA
    Endorsing artist, REMIC Microphones
    It's a 39" string length.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.