1. Please read before selling or posting: TalkBass DB Classifieds Rules and FAQ
  2. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

*SOLD* FS NS Design Bass Cello with stand

Discussion in 'DB Classifieds Archive' started by jibreel, Mar 5, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jibreel

jibreel

Apr 12, 2005
    Seattle
    SOLD !!!!!!!!!!!!!

I bought this Bass Cello from a TB'er a short while ago. I play semi-acoustic bass guitar with piezo pickups only and thought that the Bass Cello would be an interesting compliment. Cello was my first instrument so I remember bowing it fondly.

The bass cello itself is amazing. Incredible tone and variety. The boomerang system works great. I love this instrument but it is not for me.

I have realized that I am a bass guitar player. I play 35" scale basses with essentially flat fingerboards. And I really suck at bowing. So while I am really glad I got to try it, I need to find it a new home.

So we have the:
    Bass Cello
    Case
    Boomerang attachment
    Endpin stand [ $ 150.00 value ]
    Bow
    Rosin
    Tools
    Extra strings

Asking $ 1,850.00 shipped. The cheapest you could get this for new would be $ 2,550.00. NO trades, thanks !

All information including a video of the Boomerang can be found at:

http://www.nedsteinberger.com/instruments/basscello.php

More info under pictures.

DSC01718.

DSC01707.

DSC01711.

DSC01714.

DSC01715.

The NS Bass Cello breaks through conventional barriers by integrating phenomenal plucked and bowed sounds with the familiar 34 inch bass guitar scale. Tuned to low E or all the way down to B, this radical new electric bass combines the tonal purity of the acoustic upright with the awesome power of the full-blown electric.

Standard bass scale and bass fingering make it easy to access the exciting new sonic range of the Bass Cello. From punchy, percussive attack to smooth, singing sustain, the exclusive Polar™ piezo pickup is the only system that allows the bassist to control the attack and decay of the plucked string. EMG magnetic pickups add classic electric sounds to complete the tonal palette of this extremely versatile bass instrument.

The Bass Cello responds to the bow with a natural and expressive voice, combining powerful bass resonance with brilliant harmonics. The strings are easily driven, making it possible for bassists with little bowing experience to add this beautiful dimension to their music.

Deep, resonant bass response is the essence of this remarkable new instrument. Whether plucked or bowed, the Bass Cello delivers pure, exciting bass sounds that can be tailored to compliment virtually any musical style or gig.

34" Scale: The 34" scale length of the Bass Cello is the same as standard electric bass. Tuned in fourths (EADGC or BEADG), the fingering positions and spacing are identical to the bass guitar, and therefore immediately familiar to any bass player. The Bass Cello can also be tuned in fifths, for fingerings that are more natural for the cellist seeking enhanced bass range.

Arched Fingerboard: The Bass Cello has a highly arched fingerboard and bridge, similar to a cello, to optimize bow articulation. The high arch on the fingerboard fits the human hand, and combines with the round neck profile for a comfortable and natural feel.

Cascading Position Markers: Dots for each semi-tone cascade across the fingerboard, a unique configuration that provides a clear visual fingering reference. The logical dot pattern is of critical value to the novice player, and an invaluable reference guide for the seasoned pro.

Polar Pickup System: The multiple sensor NS Polar bridge pickup system has two modes of operation: "arco" and "pizzicato". This allows the player to optimize bowed response, and to control attack and decay characteristics for plucking. The deep bass and brilliant highs possible with piezo crystal technology give the instrument a beautiful, dynamic, and versatile sound.

EMG™ Magnetic Pickups: Custom designed EMG low impedance magnetic pickups have a smooth response with lots of sweet midrange for the quintessential "electric" sound. Their relatively flat frequency response allows the natural tones on the instrument to project through. Each pickup is individually internally shielded. This shielding coupled with an internal preamp system isolates interference, eliminating external hum or buzz. All you hear is your playing. The 18 volt power supply insures plenty of headroom for full dynamics.

Active Controls: Two balance controls allow unlimited mixing options for the magnetic and the dual mode Polar Pickup systems. On-board pre-amplification provides master volume, bass and treble controls.

Interchangeable Support Systems: The Boomerang Strap System is standard with the NS Bass Cello. Two articulated arms and a pivoting hub allow full mobility on stage or in studio. The comfortable Boomerang strap fits over the shoulder just like a guitar, but the adjustable arms allow the instrument to be placed in virtually any position in relation to the hands and body. The Boomerang Strap System allows full mobility for either bowing or plucking.

The optional self-standing Tripod stand provides stable fixed support for the instrument. Virtually any angle can be set whether you prefer standing or sitting. A matching black finish provides a sleek compliment to the instrument.

The optional End Pin stand provides a more upright bass feel. It too is easily adjustable so that the instrument remains evenly balanced without support. .

Tunings: Five strings cover the range of the double bass,
    bass guitar, and cello. They are available in 3 standard tunings:

High C bass guitar tuning: E,A,D,G,C (low to high in 4ths) Standard
    Low B bass guitar tuning: B,E,A,D,G (low to high in 4ths)
    Octave cello tuning: C,G,D,A,E (low to high in 5ths)
    NS Bass Cello Strings: Traditional flatwound cello strings (designed for bowing) are the starting reference for NS Bass Cello Strings. They are light and responsive, with singing highs and deep low register. These ultra-smooth low-tension strings are effortless to play and minimize unwanted finger noise. A smooth pizzicato growl can be made to sound very much like an acoustic, yet deliver plenty of sustain and drive when you need it. Developed in collaboration with D'Addario, these strings are also highly specialized for bowing. They respond much quicker to the bow than traditional bass strings, so expressive bow technique is easier to develop and maintain. The Bass Cello is designed to accommodate any standard bass guitar string, adding unlimited set up options for the musician who wants to explore & create their own unique sound.

Hand Crafted Maple and Ebony: Each instrument is hand-made in the Czech Republic to the highest standard by craftsmen steeped in a long tradition of instrument making.

2. Marcus Johnson

Marcus Johnson

Nov 28, 2001
    Maui
    Wow.. That was quick!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.