1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SOLD [sold] FS: Roscoe SKB-3006

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by jzucker, Oct 10, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jzucker

jzucker Supporting Member

Feb 3, 2005
    Cleveland, OH
    OK, I'm now selling this bass to make room for a custom Skjold 6 string. Available now. No wait. :)

This was Sean Foote's old bass and was on tour with Jennifer Batton and other major groups so it's got a special mojo to it.

It's in great playing condition with low action and a gorgeous growl for slap, fingerstyle, groove, etc. It does have some road-wear. Some knicks and scratches here and there but I'm offering it at a huge discount. You won't see another SKB-3006 at this price. On top of everything else, it's NOT neck-heavy in the least and only weighs 9.5Lbs. It's about 2Lbs less than the other SKB-3006 I had and which was also neck heavy. This bass also has the full 18mm bridge spacing but a slightly narrower neck width at the 24th fret (3.5") making it easier to get your hands across to the low string above the 12th fret.

Price: $1550 + shipping + paypal

Here are some pix:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. bbjonz

bbjonz Supporting Member

Aug 6, 2004
    Tucson, AZ
    Hi Jack,

Out of curiosity, what is the control layout? I see four knobs so I can guess, but I can't believe it doesn't have a midrange control.

Joe

3. jzucker

Feb 3, 2005
    Cleveland, OH
    vol, blend, treble, bass

4. bbjonz

bbjonz Supporting Member

Aug 6, 2004
    Tucson, AZ
    Thanks, Jack. Interesting that it doesn't have a 3-band. Not knowing much about Roscoes, I'm curious if it has a midrange contour switch in the control cavity. Thanks in advance.

Joe

5. jzucker

Feb 3, 2005
    Cleveland, OH
    no midrange. Not really needed though. I often think folks put too many controls on their bass. If the bass sounds good, all you need is a simple treble and bass.

6. PM sent....
    Mitch

7. Couple quick questions:

Is it a 9 volt or 18 volt?
    What company is the make of the pre-amp?
    Is there a case or gig bag included?

Other than that, consider it sold, I'll take it.

8. jzucker

Feb 3, 2005
    Cleveland, OH
    Bart pickups and preamp, 9v battery. It comes with the standard roscoe case.

9. Miles Berry

Miles Berry Supporting Member

Apr 14, 2006
    Redding, Ca
    If those guys dont end up taking it, I think I will

10. jzucker

Feb 3, 2005
    Cleveland, OH
    by the way, email me at jaz@jackzucker.com with your address and I'll get a total price including the shipping, etc. Let me know if you want pay via paypal (add 3%) or send me a cashier's check.

11. jzucker

Feb 3, 2005
    Cleveland, OH
    Update:

Bassplayer63 wants it but I'm awaiting final confirmation from him. I'll update when I hear back.

12. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jan 27, 2021

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.