1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

SOLD ~SOLD~ FS: SWR Workingmans half stack (4004 head and 4x10 cab)

Discussion in 'For Sale: Amps, Preamps, and Cabinets' started by Lewis7789, Dec 10, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lewis7789

Lewis7789

Sep 17, 2004
    Akron, Ohio USA
    Sales; ClearSonic Mfg.
    Hi guys. I'm selling my SWR Workingmans rig for $400. Included is a SWR Workingmans 4004 head, a SWR Workingmans 4x10" cabinet and an ART 4x4 rack power conditioner. It's in "fair" condition, it's not brand new but it doesn't look like it's been run over with a truck either. I just don't use the amp anymore and would like some extra cash for the holidays.

The bad news- The head is missing two equalizer sliders knobs. The EQ still works just fine though. AND the cabinet has one broken caster. But the cabinet also still sounds good. I'm an honest guy and I don't want anyone thinking they are getting ripped off.

I just don't use the amp anymore and it's been sitting at work under a sheet of plastic for a month. I thought someone who is pushing a smaller practice amp could use a bigger amp at a fair price. The amp is at my work and if anyone wants to play through it at loud volumes, I can meet you at work in Hudson Ohio, and you can test drive it.

I've had the amp for about 2 years and bought it off of MusiciansFriend.com for $1000. I take very good care of my equipment but moving the amp from practice to shows has taken it's toll on the busted caster and EQ slider.

I'll put up lots o' pics tomorrow when I get back to work. Please email me with any questions at Lewis7789@yahoo.com or PM me for my phone number. I hope I can find a good home for this hard working amp. Thanks!

2. Lewis7789

Lewis7789

Sep 17, 2004
    Akron, Ohio USA
    Sales; ClearSonic Mfg.
    frontwhole.
    head1.
    Here you can see the two EQ sliders missing the knobs.

head2.
    backside.

The broken caster is on the bottom right. The wood is still in good condition. You probably just need to unscrew the broken one and replace it with a new one from HomeDepot for about $7. (please pardon the fur, darn Yellow Labs...)
    caster.

3. Lewis7789

Lewis7789

Sep 17, 2004
    Akron, Ohio USA
    Sales; ClearSonic Mfg.
    I WILL SHIP! I work in a small shop in Hudson OH, (44236) and I can ship the cabinet and head. I will package everything VERY well with new boxes and bubble wrap. It would ship via FedEx Ground with free insurance only in the 48 States. The buyer would have to pay shipping costs. Or, of course, local pick up fine too. I would also drive 2 hours from Kent, Ohio (44240) to meet a buyer.

I am PayPal verified (Lewis7789@yahoo.com) and will accpet money orders too.

I also took more pics, if you would like them, please email me at Lewis7789@yahoo.com. I can also take any pics of any specific parts if you need them.

I'll also include a speaker cable and the a power cable for the head.

4. Lewis7789

Lewis7789

Sep 17, 2004
    Akron, Ohio USA
    Sales; ClearSonic Mfg.
  5. how much?

6. 12055

Nov 10, 2006
    I have a feeling it may actually be $100 to ship this two states away. How much is shipping to the Trenton, NJ area? I might have to grab this thing.

-Ross

7. Bassingdad

Bassingdad

Dec 10, 2006
    What would the weight be so I can figure how steep shipping would be

8. Lewis7789

Lewis7789

Sep 17, 2004
    Akron, Ohio USA
    Sales; ClearSonic Mfg.
    Sorry guys. I've been really sick.

The cab weighs about 93lbs and the head weighs 40lbs. It's a heavy bastard, but sound good.

9. lowtide

lowtide Commercial User

Oct 14, 2006
    Bradenton, Florida
    Owner: Buzzard's Bass Shop
    That's an excedllent deal. I have the same setup except I have the full stack with 4-10s and 1-15. My rig ran me about $1200 about two years ago. And you're right, they are heavy bastards . . . tha cabs that is. As far as shipping, this is likely to run well over $100 due to weight and size.

10. PM sent. A few hours ago, that is.

11. PM sent as well

12. Kroy

Kroy

Jan 19, 2006
    PM also sent

13. Lewis7789

Lewis7789

Sep 17, 2004
    Akron, Ohio USA
    Sales; ClearSonic Mfg.
    Local sale pending...