1. Please read before selling or posting: TalkBass DB Classifieds Rules and FAQ
  2. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

*SOLD* Gallien-Krueger 400B

Discussion in 'DB Classifieds Archive' started by glenfong, Feb 29, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. For Sale: Gallien-Krueger 400B

Picture002.

Also posted over on the BG side, giving it some visability here as well.

I purchased this new in 1979, this is the first bass amp with a "Contour" switch, and is also the predecessor to the famous GK400RB. Extremely reliable, it has never let me down, only after water was accidentally spilled on it during a gig. I let it dry thoroughly in the sun for a few days and it was ready for more action!

Features 2 inputs, normal and bright, input attenuator for passive/active instruments, contour switch to boost highs and lows, treble, mid high, mid low, bass, boost to increase gain and master volume. Pre-amp out and Power-amp in 1/4" jacks. I'm an electronic service tech by trade and everything is 100%. It has the normal wear and scratches than you would expect for the amp's age. I will give it the once over before shipping to it's new owner.

250 watts into 4 ohms. Simple, great sounding discrete power amp design, discrete active component preamp stages, it is close to bullet-proof! Includes owner's manual and schematic. Fairly lightweight and it has that classic GK sound, strong grindy mid-rangy tone.

This amp is voiced beautifully for bass guitar. Help me make some space in the music room

$200 plus shipping from 93306

Thanks, Glen

2. *Payment Pending*

3. ***This is SOLD***

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.