1. Please read before selling or posting: TalkBass DB Classifieds Rules and FAQ

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

*SOLD* Kay restoration project for sale

Discussion in 'DB Classifieds Archive' started by mje, Nov 23, 2004.

1. mje

mje

Aug 1, 2002
    Southeast Michigan
    I haven't touched this in a year, and I have too many other instrument (and other) restoration projects going on... so out it goes, at a significant loss.

1. Kay bass body that had been sprayed with purple metalflake lacquer. The top is 90% stripped, the back about 3/4, I think, and the ribs are just starting to be stripped. The top actually looks like solid wood, though I'm pretty sure it's a laminated top.

2. New Englehart/Kay neck

3. New Englehart/Kay rosewood fingerboard

4. Original Kay tuning machines

No bridge or endpin... well, I can supply an endpin that doesn't fit.

$325 firm- I have over $500 invested in this- or swap for an interesting musical instrument, amp, boat, or what have you. Pickup only: Detroit suburbs.

2. Brent Norton

Brent Norton

Sep 26, 2003
    Detroit, MI
    PM sent...

3. mje

mje

Aug 1, 2002
    Southeast Michigan
    In response to a few PMs: I'll put photos up on a website over the holiday and post the URL here.

4. mje

mje

Aug 1, 2002
    Southeast Michigan
  5. mje

mje

Aug 1, 2002
    Southeast Michigan
  6. Tom Hutton

Tom Hutton

Nov 22, 2004
    Indiana
    I think I might be interested, I PM'd you with some questions...

Tom

7. mje

mje

Aug 1, 2002
    Southeast Michigan
    SOLD!

Thanks to Tom, who drove 4 or 5 hours to pick it up, and who stayed for a cup of tea and some bass talk. Good luck with your restoration.

8. Tom Hutton

Tom Hutton

Nov 22, 2004
    Indiana
    And fine tea it was too!
    Thanks Mike, I'll put pictures of the restoration up somewhere for everyone to see (if it turns out well :))

Tom