1. Please read before selling or posting: TalkBass DB Classifieds Rules and FAQ
  2. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

*SOLD* King #3124 Upright Bass For Sale.

Discussion in 'DB Classifieds Archive' started by MatthewMadden, Apr 11, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MatthewMadden

MatthewMadden

Aug 12, 2004
    Kentucky
    Hello,
    For Sale:
    King #3124 upright bass circa 1955
    I will be completely honest about the bass in my details. Feel free to ask any questions. Redcap82@hotmail.com I have digital photos if asked for. Orginal finish, has a light refinish of clear coat. Pin stripping has been redone and looks fine. Heat stamp on the upper back says "King by H N White Co."
    Every thing orginal exept for metal endpin rod through the orginal wooden endpin, needs a good endpin. The one that on it is functional. Bridge is in good shape,action is fine,rosewood nut, ebony fingerboard, orgianl tailpeice and wire tailpeice hanger.
    Strings included I think are Corellis? They came on the bass when I got it. I am selling cause I have another King and a American Standard that I favor more have to let one go. The bass has had a 2 neck repairs where the neck meets the peg box and on the peg box. The owner who I got it from and the bass fixed up in 1997 and all the neck repairs have been fine all those years and still holding, no work has open up at all. Neck joint and heel has not been broken but I belive has been reset and is fine action. Orginal brass keys work fine says "King Moretone made by the H N White company Cleveland Ohio". Treble side flat finger grips have been replace years ago, but work fine. The bass is ready to play today and like I said depending on the buyers height only needs a endpin installed. Seams are fine no seperation a few plys gone around the edges but bass in complete and in playing order, no buzzes. Comes with a light padded bag. This King bass is loud and has fine tone no nasal tone and if very even with its notes.
    Local pickup only, or will meet a few hours drive from eastern Kentucky, Lexington, KY Charleston, WV area. Will ship in the United States only, will not ship Internationaly. Asking$2,200.00 or best offer. Thanks in advance.

2. MatthewMadden

MatthewMadden

Aug 12, 2004
    Kentucky
    Hello,
    The bass has been sold, thanks to all you inquired.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.