1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SOLD - MIM Fender Jazz Pickups

Discussion in 'For Sale: Parts, Strings, and Accessories' started by mattpnolan, Dec 17, 2006.

1. mattpnolan

mattpnolan Supporting Member

Mar 5, 2005
    New Jersey
    These pickups are from a Fender Mexican Jazz from 1994. I've replaced the pickups and do not have spare mounting screws. Both pickups are 92 mm by my measurements. They are the both the same size as the standard American Fender Jazz neck pickup. In the MIM (at least this year), they didn't make the bridge wider. They both work just fine, but there is a little rust on the pole pieces.

SOLD

$15 shipped to Continental US. As always, let me know if you have any questions.

[​IMG]

2. Geezerman

Geezerman

Nov 28, 2004
    Chicago, IL
    how do they sound? I am interested.

3. mattpnolan

Mar 5, 2005
    New Jersey
    Honestly, I haven't had these installed in about 2 years. I always did get a lot of compliments on my tone from people. I replaced them with Bartolini's which were a lot darker, but that doesn't mean that the originals were "bright," per se. The best I can say is that if you send a payment, I can send them to you, and if you don't like them, you can send them back to me, and I will refund the money. Let me know if you would like to do that.

I will say that I would take these over some off brand aftermarket pups anyday.

4. Geezerman

Geezerman

Nov 28, 2004
    Chicago, IL
    Sounds good to me :) Do you know which one is the neck and which is the bridge?

5. mattpnolan

Mar 5, 2005
    New Jersey
    Yep, I'll mark them, though I don't know if it really matters. When I replaced them, I was told by the knowledgeable guys at Best Bass Gear to just buy 2 Bartolini neck pickups. :smug: