1. Please read before selling or posting: TalkBass DB Classifieds Rules and FAQ

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

*SOLD* Mozart by Meisel German Bass for sale + 2 bows for $950

Discussion in 'DB Classifieds Archive' started by kraid, Mar 8, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kraid

kraid

Apr 11, 2003
    I'm trying to save my money up to buy a better bow so I'm looking into selling my back up bass that hasn't been doing much in my house. This is a Mozart model by Meisel, a German bass maker. The bass is 3/4 size and is made of plywood. The bass is violin shaped and has german machine heads. It also comes with a padded case. The bass is about 5 years old and has absolutely nothing wrong with. It is as solid as the day it came into my belonging and plays just as well.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Also with the bass I'll throw in 2 French bows. The longer one is also made by Meisel and is heavy and the shorter one has no stamp on it. I'm not sure what the wood is in either bow. The Meisel bow is quite heavy and the shorter bow is lighter.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The list for the bass is $2,639.71 and I've seen it sold at some places for about $1,800 but I want to sell the bass and the 2 bows together for $950.

I live in Princeton, New Jersey. Please contact me at paul.nemeth@gmail.com or call me at (609) 430 0036 if you're interested or have any additional questions. I can take more pictures of anything if there are any requests.

2. kraid

kraid

Apr 11, 2003
    Two people have talked to me about buying the bass but haven't talked to me recently so this is still up for sale if there are any takers.

3. Marcus Johnson

Marcus Johnson

Nov 28, 2001
    Maui
    I know nobody asked me, but...folks, this is a pretty decent bass. I had a similar one (mine was a gamba shape), and I did a ton of gigging and recording on it. It sounded and played great, and never let me down. Someone should snap this up, IMHO, it would be a great starter bass.

Was that spammy enough?:smug:

4. Justyn

Justyn Supporting Member

Jun 24, 2002
    Richmond, VA
    So let's say you were as longtime electric player and had recently been getting the 'so, do you play upright' question more and more to the point that you started thinking 'hm...maybe it's time to learn.' This would be a good place to start? Not trying to hijack the thread and I'm going to go do all the requisite research through forum searches, but this has definitely gotten my attention and might be just what I need to get started.

Thanks,
    j.

5. kraid

kraid

Apr 11, 2003
    Justyn,

This bass is definitely better than most basses in this price range. It has a good solid tone and definitely won't fall apart like a lot of cheap basses. I'd definitely recommend it for the beginning bass player. It got me pretty far in the three years that I used it.

6. kraid

kraid

Apr 11, 2003
    The bass is SOLD!

7. Marcus Johnson

Marcus Johnson

Nov 28, 2001
    Maui
    Hallelujah....that took longer than it should have. Somebody got a great deal.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.