Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Sold My GT7 and Got A...CONKLIN!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by boogiebass, Feb 13, 2003.

1. boogiebass

boogiebass

Aug 16, 2000
    Just got this Conklin Sidewinder 7 today. Same great guy in Chi Town who gave me the righteous deal on the Elrick a few weeks ago. Haven't verified everything with Bill yet but I'm told it's a cherry body, Lane Poor p/u's, Demeter preamp with a very dark purpleheart board. Looks like it's several years old but in great condition with very little fret wear. I'll probably gig it Saturday night. I now have a quartet of good, American-made sevens. Maybe a family portrait soon? Anyway, here's a few pics of the SW:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. adrian garcia

adrian garcia

Apr 9, 2001
    las vegas. nevada
    Endorsing Artist: Nordy Basses, Schroeder Cabs, Gallien Krueger Amps
    MAKE IT STOP!!!! :D
    congrats again, boogie!!- im just going to make a congratulations Boogiebass template and send it everytime you score!! Nice one!! say hey to Bill when you talk to him-

3. boogiebass

boogiebass

Aug 16, 2000
    Thanks, man.

4. hmmmm....

I want one too! :bawl:

Congrats, Boogie! She's a beauty for sure!

When you're ready to get rid of one of those 7s, let me know. :eek: :D

5. Saw and heard a fellow playing a 5-string version of that bass... sweet-looking and badass sounding!!:cool:

6. john turner

john turner You don't want to do that. Trust me. Staff Member Administrator

Mar 14, 2000
    atlanta ga
    cool. i saw that one up on ebay briefly. the lane poors are a good score. god, i wish i were working. :(

congrats on the bass. i think you're the only one other than me with a custom conklin 7 on the boards, boogie. we are an exclusive club :D :cool:

7. Woodchuck

Woodchuck

Apr 21, 2000
    Atlanta / Macon (sigh)
    Gallien Krueger for the last 12 years!
    For all of those still wondering, THIS is the reason why luthiers do licensing deals. You buy a cheaper one, like it, move up to the big boy!.

8. SoComSurfing

SoComSurfing Mercedes Benz Superdome. S 127. R 22. S 12-13.

Feb 15, 2002
    Mobile, Al
    :eek:
    Holy crap, boogie! That's what, the third GORGEOUS 7 in three weeks? Maybe four? Damn right you better be putting up some family pics soon!

9. Woodchuck

Woodchuck

Apr 21, 2000
    Atlanta / Macon (sigh)
    Gallien Krueger for the last 12 years!
    JT is grooming people for a possible world takeover! Panic now to avoid the rush!!! :eek:

10. john turner

john turner You don't want to do that. Trust me. Staff Member Administrator

Mar 14, 2000
    atlanta ga
    :D yes, my army is growing.

11. Benbass

Benbass

Jan 28, 2002
    Kansas
    Sweeeet! Nice figuring in the top!

12. boogiebass

boogiebass

Aug 16, 2000
    Thanks, JT. Yeah, I think I'm gonna like it...a lot! Initial impression of the Lane Poors is "Oh Yeah!"

I'll post impressions on Sunday after I gig with it. May do a four-way roundup on all my sevens, in fact, if I've got the energy. ;)

As to the exclusive club, the pleasure is all mine, bro! :D

13. boogiebass

boogiebass

Aug 16, 2000
    Yeah, that's sorta it but I have had my radar up for a sidewinder for some time now, even longer than the time I had the GT7! I still think the GT7 is a tremendous value. For me, I'm just spoiled by better insturments and I never did like the Mighty Mite pre.

14. ldiezman

ldiezman

Jul 11, 2001
    Nashville
    yeah that is an amazing looking bass.. don't let it come between you and your Elrick.. if that does happen... you can give me the Elrick for free... I know i know.. you must be asking yourself "how can He be willing to take a bass off of my hands for free?" well its simple.. I am a nice guy :D

again congrats on the steal... beauty for sure

15. boogiebass

boogiebass

Aug 16, 2000
    I haven't gigged with the Elrick or Conklin yet but that happens Fri. and Sat. nights this week, consecutively. I'm thinking they're two completely different animals. If I do decide to give the Elrick away, it's yours! Don't hold yer breath tho, my bro. :cool:

16. I'm not a huge custom bass fan, but man, that thing kicks butt. i love the colour and the figuring, I mean, its not so in your face, which i like. anyways, take 3 strings off & i've got my dream bass. congrats on that one