1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Sold my Harley and ordered a new cab.

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by GreyBeard, Sep 15, 2008.

1. Well a guy came today with a big check and rode off on my, err um :bawl: his 2001 electro glide. I've been thinking about selling it for a while now and when I only had time to ride a total of 97 mi this summer, it was time for it to go. So, I've been getting kinda tired of horsing around my Whappo Jr which is in a Calzone road case. The 2 together has to be over 100 pounds and I've been wanting something smaller and lighter. I considered a Acme B2, a Berg HT112, (had one of those) and a AG tri112. Then I started reading about the Epifani UL310. 47 lbs, wide response, doesn't need a ton of power to do the job. Well one is on its' way from Bass Central. :hyper: Who knows, the Whappo Jr. may be up for sale next week.:eyebrow:

2. Jim Carr

Jim Carr Dr. Jim Gold Supporting Member

Jan 21, 2006
    Denton, TX or Kailua, HI
    fEARful Kool-Aid dispensing liberal academic card-carrying union member Musicians Local 72-147
    You will love it.

3. Rockman

Rockman

Mar 2, 2006
    I agree with everything he said.

4. joegeezer

joegeezer

Mar 9, 2005
    Northern Wisconsin
    Avatar Club#12 Eden Club Lucky# 13--USA Peavey Club#37 Carvin Club#5
    I started riding at 8, and hillclimbing in competition at 10, in 1964. Been on 'em all from AJS to Zundapp. Gotta' tell 'ya, a good runnin' Sportster is twice the fun, of a big twin anyday. You musta been to a hillclimb or two, being from WV. I respect all the WV boys completely. Damn tough bunch of guys to beat, and the best guys to hang with, from anywhere. Won't be long and prices will go down again, and you'll find a sweet Sportster for cheap anyway!!

5. jmain

jmain Oo, Uhn't uh, Yes! Supporting Member

Apr 23, 2005
    Alexandria, VA
    That 310 is a great cab. It really does seem like it is filled with helium. Really takes the eq well too, so it's really versatile.

6. You sold the Electra Glide and all you are getting is a UL310?? Come there has to be more :D

7. eastcoasteddie

eastcoasteddie

Mar 24, 2006
    NoVA
    You said it!

DSC_0052.

DSC_0058.

DSC_0523.

and even more fun when it's a Foot-clutch & Jockey shift!!!

I paid $2500 for it 4 years ago. Only thing wrong with it was a dead battery. I did most of the work myself like the 1200 top end, frisco gas tank, made the shifter, side mount lic plate holder, pipes etc... all home made.

Sorry for the hijack...now back to our regular scheduled program.

8. joegeezer

joegeezer

Mar 9, 2005
    Northern Wisconsin
    Avatar Club#12 Eden Club Lucky# 13--USA Peavey Club#37 Carvin Club#5
    Sweet!

9. SoComSurfing

SoComSurfing Mercedes Benz Superdome. S 127. R 22. S 12-13.

Feb 15, 2002
    Mobile, Al
    Oh man, I dig that! Both the UL310 and the Sportster! :D

10. Yea, the rest went into the bank, probably to pay for gas. :( I had a 1200 sportster a few years back and I sold it when I got the eglide. Anyway, I had fun with bikes but, I don't think I'll be buying another one soon but, you never know.

11. Interceptor

Interceptor

Mar 29, 2005
    Madison, WI
    If I ever part ways with my Night Rod, I would modernize the cabinet selection as well. Epifani certainly on the short list.

Joe is right, a hard running Sportster is very entertaining. Had one, it was impossible to behave on. The Night Rod is an entirely different deal. We're talking warp drive here.

12. JimmyM

JimmyM Supporting Member

Apr 11, 2005
    Apopka, FL
    Endorsing: Ampeg Amps, EMG Pickups
    I find playing an instrument and riding motorcycles don't mix too well. It's not the riding...it's the accidental falling off ;)

13. rok51

rok51

Sep 2, 2002
    Crawfordville, FL
    Sporty.

Gee, good taste in bikes! ;)

56AJSlowfront1969.

Part of me still misses that '56 AJS 18S...then I think...rain...and the fondness fades just a touch...

Kim

14. canshaker

canshaker

Dec 15, 2007
    Los Angeles, CA
    Endorsing Artist: Ashdown/ESP/Dunlop/Line 6/Normandy.
    You'll live longer to play more! :D

15. rok51

rok51

Sep 2, 2002
    Crawfordville, FL
    Primo Sporty!!!

16. xshawnxearthx

xshawnxearthx

Aug 23, 2004
    new jersey
    i think if i get this new job i'm selling my car for a bike.

17. JimmyM

JimmyM Supporting Member

Apr 11, 2005
    Apopka, FL
    Endorsing: Ampeg Amps, EMG Pickups
    Yes, because it's really easy to carry gear on a bike ;)

18. coyoteboy

coyoteboy easy there, Ned Supporting Member

Mar 29, 2000
    Sactomato, CA
    Friends exist to borrow their trucks. :D

My Buell is too dirty for pics at the moment (and the forseeable future)