Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Sold my Ibanez's and Got Another Fender

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by cassanova, Dec 5, 2000.

1. cassanova

cassanova

Sep 4, 2000
    Florida
    WOOOOOOO HOOOOOOOO, I am so happy! I finally sold both my Ibanez's and went out and bought a Fender Deluxe Active Jazz Bass 5 string. Best part about it was I got a very good deal on the Fender and have some money left over to buy a new head! Just thought Id share that with you guys.

2. Congrats,
    I'm sure you'll love it. I've got an Am/dlx 4 Jazz bass and I wouldn't trade it for anything.

3. Steve S

Steve S

Jul 26, 2000
    I have one too and it's great!

4. cassanova

cassanova

Sep 4, 2000
    Florida
    thanks guys, these are both 5 strings, i love um both to death!! im thinkin about taking the emg's from my hamer and slapping them in the deluxe active jazz, but am leery it may actually make it sound worse.

5. I also love my Fender a lot too. It's a 1990's Fender MIA Precision with a black moto pearl guard (bought it used with a white pickguard) and it only cost me 300 bucks! Fender, in my opinion, makes great basses and guitars, and they are my personal favorites. Good Luck with the bass!

6. Fender Deluxe Active Jazz Bass nice bass but your topic says got another. does this mean you all ready own one and now you have two? if that is the case i would trade one in and get something that has a different sound like a RIC on a thunderbird or a pedulla fretless or a stingray if you only have the one than congrats i have a 4 an i love it

7. cassanova

cassanova

Sep 4, 2000
    Florida
    Another Fender mean I bought another Fender bass guitar, I have the Jazz Bass Deluxe and the Deluxe Active Jazz now, If I wanted a Ric, Stingray, t-bird, or pedulla, Id have bought one, I prefer Fenders. The 2 bass's sound totally different, alder vs poplar and the alder definatly wins out, my mia has a deeper, warmer, sound, I love um both. Next step if i dont buy a head with the left over cash is either a Fender P-Bass Duluxe 5 string (mia model) or if I can find one a Sadoski 5 string, I cant seem to find them around here, are they like Carvin custom made to order? But still leaning more twards the P bass..hehehe

[Edited by cassanova on 12-08-2000 at 01:58 AM]

8. Gee, that's funny...

I sold my Fenders and bought another G&L!!!!!:D:D:D

I don't regret it either, my SB-2 kicks the a$$ of any Fender I've ever owned (I've owned 7 Fenders of varying vintages).

I just thought I'd share that with you. :)