Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

sold my old car to get an amp, and don't have money for the amp now.

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by clanner, Jan 16, 2006.

1. clanner

clanner Token Black Guy.

Apr 27, 2005
    ummmmm, marietta GA
    but seeing as i'm seventeen and my father sold it to pay some extra stuff (and help me fund an amp, heven't gotten around to it yet) well, payed the stuff, had the money for the amp, then my parents take a trip to savannah to visit my grandmother ( i didn't go because i had a gig) and when they come back half of my amp money is missing, so now i'm patiaintly searching for a way in which i can obtain atleast the head (Kustom 1200 HD head, decided on Kustom 215h cabinet so as to lesson the strain on my wallet)

2. fatsobasso

fatsobasso

Dec 24, 2005
    Ormond florida
    I have gone with eating beans and rice for a week just to save my money for my amp.good luck

3. clanner

clanner Token Black Guy.

Apr 27, 2005
    ummmmm, marietta GA
    well, I only eat breakfast and dinner on a regular basis (lunch is more time for a quick snack), I hope my band will start drawing larger crowds (we drew a larger than normal crowd Saturday and were payed more than double what we're normally paid) so if that keeps on going well I'll have the money for the amp, I don't want to borrow money from anyone, other than my families help (dad had to sell the car, in his name) i drive my bands cargo van (bought by my father, so i have no grudge against him), just wish we could have bought the amp before they left for Savannah, unfortunately it was buy the amp or miss band practice for a show we were headlining.

edit, i may switch back to the ramen noodle diet, i'm getting fat (225) again anyway. mmmm ramen, anyone have a favorite flavor?

4. i used to save lunch money from school was i was a freshmen. i wouldnt eat all day. maybe thats why i'm so damn skinny

5. clanner

clanner Token Black Guy.

Apr 27, 2005
    ummmmm, marietta GA
    I'm kinda big, lunch = fruit drink and sandwich brought from home, so i don't eve spend money on the grease they sell. yet all of the kids that eat it usually ask if someone can break a twenty, and are so skinny it's ridiculous

6. fatsobasso

fatsobasso

Dec 24, 2005
    Ormond florida
    Stay away from that monosodium glutamate,it catches up to you,it's bad stuff ,really!i use to throw the little monosodium packets away, and make my own mix for those raman's,i don't eat them anymore.

7. clanner

clanner Token Black Guy.

Apr 27, 2005
    ummmmm, marietta GA
    okay, any flavoring recipe's or other cost effective food stuffs?

i have enough for the head (i think, need to check later) maybe order that or the cab tommorrow or wednesday and start eating cheap after.

8. fatsobasso

fatsobasso

Dec 24, 2005
    Ormond florida
    i am to tired to think right now ,but i will get back to you on that,heh;) gotta hit the hay.