1. Please read before selling or posting: TalkBass DB Classifieds Rules and FAQ
  2. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

*SOLD* Pirastro Pizzicato E&A Strings - New $120

Discussion in 'DB Classifieds Archive' started by Bobby King, Sep 19, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bobby King

Bobby King Supporting Member

May 3, 2005
    Nashville, TN
    *SOLD* New and never installed Pirastro Pizzicato E&A strings.

Pizzicato is a gut-core, silver semi-flatwound string. Makes a great E&A to use with plain gut uppers.

Look and you'll see that these are expensive from retailers! This is a great price for these two.

$120 (for both) shipped in the CONUS

Paypal only please.

Thanks!

2. Uncletoad

Uncletoad

May 6, 2003
    Columbus Ohio
    Proprietor Fifth Avenue Fret Shop. Technical Editor Bass Gear Magazine
    I think you should have a drawer full of strings like the rest of us.

This efficient selling of things you don't need has got to stop.

You need the reminder of the string psychosis every time you go to fetch something from the drawer.

I'll send you some old broken strings to start that drawer up whaddya say?

3. Jake deVilliers

Jake deVilliers Commercial User

May 24, 2006
    Crescent Beach, BC
    Owner of The Bass Spa, String Repairman at Long & McQuade Vancouver
    Talk about the blonde leading the blonde. Yikes! :)

4. Bobby King

May 3, 2005
    Nashville, TN

Bite me, Toady! :spit:

The really crazy thing though is when you sell stuff like this, and then later go and buy it again for more money. I've done it!

Seriously, I'm always futzing around with one of my basses, changing strings or necks or pickups or whatever. So in order to keep my wife from getting out the rolling pin and beaning me, whenever possible I try and sell stuff I'm not using to raise Paypal funds rather than spending "new money".

So, how about one of you knuckleheads buying these bad boys? They're great strings (I've got used ones in reserve) and FYI, Lemur's new price for these is: A $122, E $165!!

5. Uncletoad

Uncletoad

May 6, 2003
    Columbus Ohio
    Proprietor Fifth Avenue Fret Shop. Technical Editor Bass Gear Magazine
    I'm doing just that right now!

6. Eastman

Eastman

May 22, 2006
    Switzerland
    Hi Bobby King

Are this strings still for sale?

Best reagrds

Eastman

7. how do these compare to olivs or eudoxas for the E & A, w/ plain gut GD?

8. Bobby King

May 3, 2005
    Nashville, TN
    Olives are darkest, then Eudoxa, Pizzicatos are a bit more lively. Pizzicatos winding is not completely flatwound. Definitely not roundwound, but there's a tiny bit of ridge you can feel.

Plain gut strings have a snap to them, and even a certain kind of high end that isn't really present in Olive/Eudoxa. Olive/Eudoxa are particularly dark strings. Also they tend to feel less snappy and springy. They are fine strings for sure, but kind of a world unto themselves IMO. I used to use the regular roundwound gut E&A but it was hard to find good ones, and the E was always a problem in terms of clear notes. The Pizzicatos are perhaps a little back in that direction tone-wise, they are a little more flexible than O/E, but they have better definition and a more manageable diameter than roundwound gut.

9. Bobby King

May 3, 2005
    Nashville, TN
    SOLD

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.