1. Please read before selling or posting: TalkBass DB Classifieds Rules and FAQ
Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

*SOLD* Schertler Pubs for sale

Discussion in 'DB Classifieds Archive' started by Monte, Mar 8, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Monte

Monte

Jan 9, 2001
    New Albany, MS
    I'm getting rid of the two Pub 2/280 speakers I have. They are the carpet covered version, in good shape sonically, and work great. The only "flaw" is that my name is written on the black painted plate in silver marker, but it can be easily painted over.

I've written extensively about how good these 8" speakers are, and nothing has changed, but I now usually play my Dyn B direct into the house via my preamp. I need to get a traditional type PA, as I'm booking gigs and the Schertlers don't work in big rooms as a PA for a quartet.

You can read about these amazing speakers here: http://www.schertler.com/prodotti_ing/loudspeakers/pub280380.htm

I prefer to sell the pair, and will let them go for $1000, and buyer pays actual shipping. If you only want one, it would be $600; message me and let me think about it.

Monte

2. Monte

Monte

Jan 9, 2001
    New Albany, MS
    Any takers?

I need to sell these to get a PA, so make me a reasonable offer.

3. Monte

Monte

Jan 9, 2001
    New Albany, MS
    By the way, I'm off this Thursday and Friday and would consider delivering for the cost of gas to anywhere within 200-250 miles (Dallas, Wichita, Amarillo, Ft. Smith, SW Missouri).

I found the PA I want and need to round up some cash soon as I have a bunch of stuff in April I need it for.

Make me a reasonable offer.

Monte

4. Monte

Monte

Jan 9, 2001
    New Albany, MS
    OK, I just got my PA, so I really need to get rid of these before my wife leaves me.:eek:

The lowest I can go is $900 + shipping for the pair, or $500 + shipping separately. This is more than 1/3 off the cost of 1 new one.

I will send pics if needed.

Monte

5. downunder

downunder Supporting Member

I know it's been almost a year since you posted this, but did you ever sell those pub 2/280s?

6. Monte

Monte

Jan 9, 2001
    New Albany, MS
    Not yet; I briefly reconsidered, but I could be persuaded possibly.

7. downunder

would you sell one for $500? I have paypal.

8. Monte

Monte

Jan 9, 2001
    New Albany, MS
    Yeah, + shipping I think I could sell one. I think shipping on one is probably around $35-40.

I can't do anything until after the 14th; I'm in the wholesale flower biz and am understandably WAY busy at the moment.

Let me know if you are interested.

Monte

9. downunder

Yes, I'm interested. Whenever you're ready. I'll be traveling from the 23rd to the 28th of this month.

10. Adrian Cho

Adrian Cho Supporting Member

Sep 17, 2001
    Ottawa, Canada
    You are?

11. Monte

Monte

Jan 9, 2001
    New Albany, MS
    It pulled me back in....I was a cut flower buyer for a large wholesale florist consolidation from 94-2000.

I was at Dell for quite awhile, and was set to be a manager in the University sales division when my division was consolidated and moved back to Round Rock, TX. They put me as a manager in consumer, which I realized about day 2 wasn't for me (all entry level sales below me).

My old boss at USA Floral is now president, and she asked me if I would be interested in a management position, so I now manage the United Wholesale Florists Tupelo, MS location as of November.

I really enjoy the work, although I'm a little stressed right now. I deal a lot with farm direct companies in Ecuador and Columbia, and the language/ cultural barriers can be tough.

We are facing a Valentines Holiday with horrible weather for California field product (I'm sure everyone heard about the citrus freeze; same area) as well as unseasonably cold weather in Columbia, which is where most of the red roses are grown.

Fortunately, I got most of my roses into Miami Sunday before the freeze in Columbia and quality is really good this year, although I hear later stuff is looking pretty bleak.

12. Monte

Monte

Jan 9, 2001
    New Albany, MS
    I can probably get it out on the 15th or 16th, which would get it out on time. PM me your address, and I'll send you my Paypal e-mail.

It is the carpet covered version, in decent shape. The only thing you might care about is I wrote my name on the metal by the handle and back in silver marker when I was regularly leaving it at a club I played 3 nights a week at. Black paint or marker would cover it.

Monte

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.