1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

For Sale/Trade SOLD-SWR Goliath II 410 (fs/ft/or I'll buy another)

Discussion in 'For Sale: Amps, Preamps, and Cabinets' started by Brother Goose, Jun 18, 2014.

1. SWR pre fender

8 vote(s)
    72.7%
  2. Eden

1 vote(s)
    9.1%
  3. Hartke

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Other (avatar)

2 vote(s)
    18.2%
  1. Brother Goose

Brother Goose The Process IS the Reward! Supporting Member

Dec 4, 2013
    Syracuse NY
    God Is Love
    Price:
    Team-

I picked up a an excellent-mint condition Goliath II last year and it has not seen a stage in my care. Original owner could not move the cab on his own or fit it into his car (he is a Hartke dude anyways).

I'm getting very hip to the fEARFUL concept or moving to a smaller vertical 210 setup.

Does anyone in Upstate NY wish to trade this for another cab? I'm open to all kinds of suggestions- but would prefer that it be something fairly common so I can get another one. (huge fan of Avatar gear)

I also have a GK (backline) 210 that I could work into a deal.

Please see my other listing for my father's Ampeg V2 if you are in the market for an entire rig.

Other trade considerations: 4/5 string Fender/MM style basses. Really nice pedals (envelope- I'm a Clone of Dr. Funkenstein or a world class looper for my 6 string solo thang)

I will also potentially PURCHASE your SWR Goliath II 410 to have a matching stack: these cabs really have a great contoured sound which I love- although the opposite of the "reference monitor" tone I seek in the future.

Will be travelling to NYC/Philly/New England this summer and could arrange a convenient transaction for a later date. GII410.JPG

orange joe likes this.
  2. Brother Goose

Dec 4, 2013
    Syracuse NY
    God Is Love
    and the Bumps begin! please reach out to a Goose to discuss any exciting trades/transactions. I'll be checking my phone every 15 minutes! :thumbsup:

3. SanDiegoHarry

SanDiegoHarry Banned Supporting Member

Aug 11, 2008
    San Diego, CA
    Epifani

4. Brother Goose

Dec 4, 2013
    Syracuse NY
    God Is Love
    Is that your favorite 410? I've played through a 310- it was quite nice and portable.

5. SanDiegoHarry

SanDiegoHarry Banned Supporting Member

Aug 11, 2008
    San Diego, CA
    Yes it is. Sounds huge - but portable... eh, it's heavy as sin.
    I've actually used two 2x10 epifani ceramic cabs for years - still heavy, but sounds great. I'm not sure why I've kept that 4x10 around (you interested?)

6. Brother Goose

Dec 4, 2013
    Syracuse NY
    God Is Love
    Whump- looking for something a wee bit smaller...

7. nervous

nervous Supporting Member

Jan 5, 2010
    Beautiful Central, NY
    Great cab, was my favorite many years ago. I am currently using two Avatar B210 Neo cabs and love that setup as well. If you end up going that way you won't be disappointed. Where in NY are you?

8. Brother Goose

Dec 4, 2013
    Syracuse NY
    God Is Love
    I am in Syracuse NY- a pretty gorgeous part of the world. I'd love to work something out if you are interested in this beast of a cab.

Was hoping to use this in a bi-amp setup- having planned on picking up a Carvin 1500 with all of the bells/whistles

An older mono block Carvin B1500 fell into my lap for a great price so I going with a full range setup. Am really a proponent of matching cabs but fear 2 410 cabs would be WAY overkill.

Ever year it gets harder to schlep gear from Dec-April in CNY!

9. nervous

nervous Supporting Member

Jan 5, 2010
    Beautiful Central, NY
    I am in Utica, just down the road. I am pretty happy with my modular Avatar twin 210 setup so I can't see me returning to a single can right now.

Brother Goose likes this.
  10. Brother Goose

Dec 4, 2013
    Syracuse NY
    God Is Love
    Bump

11. orange joe

orange joe I am serious and don't call me Shirley

Sep 7, 2012
    Albany NY
    Would you take an Ashdown ABM410h for the Goliath2?

12. Brother Goose

Dec 4, 2013
    Syracuse NY
    God Is Love
    PM'd

13. orange joe

orange joe I am serious and don't call me Shirley

Sep 7, 2012
    Albany NY
    here are some pictures if it helps

Attached Files: