1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SOLD: SX (Essex) SJB-62 5-String LP Blue Fretless Bass (old headstock)

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by Bevo1995, Apr 26, 2010.

1. Bevo1995

Bevo1995

Nov 8, 2009
    Heart o' Texas
    I bought this bass in December and I’m just not playing it enough to justify keeping it.

This one plays well. The strings are new Rotosound 77’s (standard gauge). It has had a complete setup.

The action is medium low with an added neck shim. The fretboard is typical of good SX (Essex) examples – it is not perfect but doesn’t have any unacceptable buzzes. The fretboard edges have been gently rounded over to relieve the sharp angle these come with from the factory. The neck has a slight amount of relief and the truss rod nut has plenty of adjustability in both directions. The neck pocket is tight and the strings line up with the pickup poles. The tuners are great. The nut has been tweaked. It intonates well and the saddles have plenty of adjustability in all four directions.

The cavities are shielded. Pickups have plenty of adjustability up and down. All electronics are original. Pots were cleaned with Caig DeoxIT D5.

No scratches, dents, or dings with one small, almost unnoticeable exception on the edge of the lower, rear side of the body contour. It weighs in at just a hair over 10 lbs.

I think it sounds great, and most importantly – it has the old headstock.

I will consider trades for an SX four string jazz bass with the old headstock, or sell it for $120 plus shipping to cover the cost of a new Ursa. PayPal preferred.

IMG_1029.
    IMG_1031.
    IMG_1032.
    IMG_1033.

2. How much to ship to Canada

3. Bevo1995

Bevo1995

Nov 8, 2009
    Heart o' Texas
    PM sent.

4. Bevo1995

Bevo1995