Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Sold the sansamp, bought an ampeg svp-pro..

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Jeffrey A-Bomb, Apr 4, 2002.

1. Jeffrey A-Bomb

Jeffrey A-Bomb Drink Coffee & Destroy Supporting Member

Oct 14, 2000
    Silver Spring, MD
    Wow, the ampeg svp-pro preamp is wonderful. I'm running it through my qsc rmx1450 poweramp and couldn't be happier. For what it is, the sansamp did a great job, but the power of real tubes is much more satisfying to the ears. For now I'm using the recommended 'rock' preset and it sounds great, really punchy and full. Still experimenting, but wanted to give it two thumbs up ;) Who else runs a svp-pro/poweramp setup? How does it hold up in live situations? Thanks.

2. Jeff Corallo

Jeff Corallo

May 30, 2000
    I use my SVP-Pro with a QSC 1.0 Powerlight amp every weekend. I couldn't be happier with the sound and power combination.

3. ZuluFunk

ZuluFunk

Apr 14, 2001
    Pennsylvania
    SVP-Pro through QSC-RMX2450 here!!!

Great tonal variation. All you can ask for and a good price too.

I'm happy!!!

4. incubus2432

incubus2432

Mar 21, 2002
    Grafton, Ohio
    I had one in the past and sold it for some stupid reason and just got a new one yesterday. I can't wait to try it with my Acme Low-B2's that should be arriving today:D
    I use(d) it with an Ashley FET2000M power amp and never had any problems with it through some pretty harsh conditions.
    If you get a chance, pick up a footswitch for it. The mute function comes in handy and having the eq dialed in for certain conditions is quite useful.
    It definitely has the most bang for the buck for the various tones I look for in my band and has been very durable to boot. Makes my Rics sound fantastic:cool:

Brian

5. FalsehoodBass

FalsehoodBass

Jul 22, 2001
    Denver, CO
    i've got an SVP-Pro and a Mackie 1440 poweramp.. It's all i could ever want if i could only have one setup.
    Ditto on the footswitch thing.. the mute function is rad to avoid plug-in pops and such, as is the switchable eq.

6. I'm awaiting an ebay purchase to follow through, but I'll be using an SVP-Pro with a Hafler Pro5000 amp here pretty soon. It's replacing my Carvin Pro Bass 500. Can't wait. :)

7. ThunderStik

ThunderStik Guest

Jun 25, 2001
    Claremore OK.
    I am using one with a carvin dcm1500 and Bergantino 2-12 and it is mouth-watering.