1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Sold two of my basses

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by bassguitarthund, Jan 4, 2012.

1. Well I had four basses (nothing real expensive), sold two. The Ibanez Jet King and Peavey Grind (not BXP, older model) Need two do some repairs to my car and need some quick money (only car I currently own and need it to get to work). I decided to keep the Geddy Jazz and the Axe Bass. Had two options, Pawnshop or GC. I know would have gotten more if I sold on TB or CL. Like I said need the quick cash. I followed fellow TBer that put up the thread on selling to GC (sorry forgot your name). Anyway great advice. Did not do everything listed but I made sure they were nice and clean (I take good care of my stuff so pretty easy), made sure it was in tune and everything worked. Brought both in gigbags. They gave me a good price, more than I expected. Kinda hated to get rid of the Peavey but when I get my taxes back I am going to start looking for a usa cirrus (my dream bass) anyway. I had bought both basses used to beging with so did not really loose that much on them. Probably got $75 less than what I paid for both!!! So all in all pretty happy if that is possible, lol

Will need to update my sig