1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Solderless cable kit showdown!

Discussion in 'Accessories [BG]' started by Greenman77, Dec 30, 2020.

1. D'Addario

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. George L's

33.3%
  3. Lava

33.3%
  4. Other

33.3%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Greenman77

Greenman77

Dec 8, 2020
    On the hunt for a solderless cable kit for my pedalboard and would like to hear about experiences. It sounds like every brand has a learning curve for building your cables, but what brand uses good cable for carrying bass tones?

2. Bryan R. Tyler

Bryan R. Tyler TalkBass: Usurping My Practice Time Since 2002 Staff Member Administrator Supporting Member

May 3, 2002
    Connecticut
    I can only speak to the Planet Waves pedalboard kits. When I was making my own patch cables are I used a crap ton of them- easy to put together and got a good rating on bongomania’s cable comparison test, but I can’t compare them to the other popular brands.

Greenman77 likes this.
  3. wvbass

wvbass Supporting Member

Mar 1, 2004
    West Virginia
    I've used the same George L's for years. Many years. I use them on pedalboards so the cables are stationary, and I have not had any problems at all.

Greenman77 likes this.
  4. Greenman77

Greenman77

Dec 8, 2020
    So I'm looking at the Sinasoid Sliver kit. You can get it with Mogami W2314 cable. Anyone suggest this cable for bass?

5. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Feb 27, 2021